Vodafone Germany w/ ISP-Supplied Modem/Router (Fritz!Box or Touchstone): Ongoing Discussion

@Suedkiez Exactly, I think there is always IPv6 automatically enabled in the FritzBox 6591. Maybe it has also to do with my network internally, I can see in the fritzbox configuration under “network” that everything “internally” runs apparently with Ipv6…??

Found another issue, that could be a problem: my Nucleus Plus seems not to have the most current “Betriebssystem” (RoonOs 1.0 build 254). Have to look that up first, whether maybe my NucleusPlus needs to be updated, but then I wonder how… ? Oh m

So do I actually, but I hate it, when things do not work. Anyway, thanks for your help so far. I also have to dash …

Hi @Michael_M
Just to be safe, would you make sure you actually have a public IPv4 address for your Fritzbox:
Click on “Internet” in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
On the Internet menu, click Online Monitor.
Check which IP address is shown in the line “Internet, IPv4”. If the IP address is not displayed, activate the extended view first.

For Nucleus update, go to Settings => About
Then follow the instructions.

@Axel_Lesch Also ich habe eine Ipv4 Adresse ! Siehe oben die screenshots vor 4h (Post Nr. 142): ich will die Adresse aber nicht preisgeben, daher muss ich sie durchstreichen. Die Adresse befindet sich nicht in den von Dir genannten Bereichen. Sie beginnt mit 2x.xxx.xxx.xx - siehe auch oben die Posts. Und ja, wie in einem meiner allerersten Antworten von @Maarten_Duits (Post Nr. 123) ROON ARC seem to think it is an IPv6 adress as @Marteen_Duits suggests.

And yes, I went to settings about ( see above) , und hier nochmal:

aber es ist verwirrend von ROON, dass man - wenn man über den ROON CORe manövriert mit der Maus ( bei mir ist es der Nucleus), dass die Roon Version eine 1.0 ist wie in dem o.g. screenshot dargestellt.

Aber das habe ich geprüft mittlerweile and I think this is o.k. Maybe at the end I should have started a new thread with all the hard- and software setup falls es daran liegt. Aber daran liegt es glaube ich nicht. Es muss mit Vodafone als mein ISP und der “nicht echten IPv4” (weil eben immer noch überall die Ipv6 rumschwirrt, und zwar automatisch und für mich eben nicht abstellbar anscheinend) , welche ich seit 2 Tagen von Vodafone mit meinem “Business Tarif” habe, zu tun haben !

Daher wäre gut zu wissen, wie diejenigen das eingestellt haben, bei denen es funktioniert, wie zum Beispiel oben @Wolfgang_Ahrens der aber leider nicht weiss, wie er die FRITZ Box 6591 (von seinem ISP VodafoneDeutschland) Konfiguration so erstellt hat, dass es geht !?

Aber trotzdem Danke an Euch @Axel_Lesch oder @Suedkiez , dass ihr Euch so reinhängt…

Nope, that’s the OS, see here from my web interface

That’s fine and is current

@Michael_M Any progress in the meantime? I am also with Vodafone, still on IPv6, wondering if changing to business is worth the hassle…

I have my own FritzBox cable 6660…
Keep my fingers crossed :+1:

Grüße aus Bonn

I can listen to music with Roon on the go with my smartphone without Roon ARC. I have version 7.50 on the Fritzbox 6690 (own, not rented from Vodafone) and installed Wireguard as VPN. I then start the Wireguard app on my smartphone and call Roon normally. Works very well.

Hi everyone,

We’ve been testing IPv6 compatibility over in Early Access here: Testing IPv6 support in Roon (for users locked out of ARC due to ISP reliance on IPv6 or CGNAT).

In simple setups (without an additional router, managed switches, etc.), some Vodafone Germany users with an IPv6 external IP address and Fritz!Box modem/router combinations have been able to auto-configure Roon ARC in #earlyaccess. We’re still determining the settings changes required in the web administration of the Fritz!Box (IPv6 prioritization, tunneling, etc.), as it will vary setup-to-setup and by account tier.

However, this is a positive development for many who have been stranded in this thread and forced to resort to a VPN in order to use ARC. We anticipate rolling out the new IPv6 compatibility in the near future; if you’re eager to try, please feel free to join Early Access by following the steps here: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-early-access-program

1 Like

Just to add, the Fritzbox is an optional router option for Vodafone Germany (rent option, or better to buy your own). By default (even on the business tier) they have a free router (forgot the model) which is quite poor.

1 Like

Hallo,
durch einen Anruf bei Vodafone wurde mir eine statische Adresse eingerichtet.
Es gibt wohl nicht mehr all zu viele IP4 Adressen deshalb werden die nicht grundsätzlich zur Verfügung gestellt.
Ich muss allerdings dazu sagen, daß erst der zweite Anruf bei der Hotline Erfolg brachte, da ich dann an einen kompetenten Mitarbeiter verbunden wurde. Der hat mir eine entsprechende Adresse freigeschaltet - nach einer Stunde hat alles funktioniert. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like