Waveform progress bar not displaying when chromecasting [Roon Investigating]

Streaming was always working, as shown in my first picture. It’s still the waveform of local tracks that don’t show.

Bump. Bump. Is anyone at Roon receiving this transmission?

Hi @Neil_McCarthy,

While this response is perhaps embarrassingly related, we do have an open investigation into the embattled waveform progress bar on Chromecast devices. Diagnostics from users in this thread corroborate there’s a recurring issue with the waveform transmitting to the Cast endpoint while playing back local files.

If you allow us a few days to sync with development, we’ll at long last get you a firm answer as to why this is happening, a status update on our efforts to resolve it, and any workarounds that might help in the meantime.

Thank you for your saintly patience, and rest assured we’ll bring this long-standing issue to as swift and fair a conclusion as is warranted after your experience in the last year.

Many thanks for the response. Surprisingly this makes a huge difference to the big screen experience. Plus, you always miss what you had. :grinning:

Bump to keep this from being closed.

I too use a nvidia shield and while it plays the progress bar/waveform is missing.

Bump to keep this open

Hi @Neil_McCarthy,

We understand this problem has festered for some time; we have an open initiative to resolve this issue and have a few questions to help QA:

• Does adjusting the clock settings on the Arcam have any effect?
  • What about adjusting the screen resolution on the Shield itself?

We’ll keep you posted on the progress of the ticket. Thank you again for your longstanding patience.

Ive had this issue for so long now. Would be great to see it fixed.

Hi @Paul_Whittaker,

Your frustration is warranted and understandable, but providing details and technical context will equip tech support to find actionable next steps. Development and QA are still missing some key information from the OP (see above) that you might be able to help illuminate.

How specifically are you connecting to the Shield? If you have another device between your Core and the Shield in the signal path, please try adjusting any available digital clocking settings to see if that has an effect.

Additionally, what happens if you adjust the resolution on the Shield itself?

1 Like

Hi @Neil_McCarthy,

Please see the questions above:

• Does adjusting the clock settings on the Arcam have any effect?
  • What about adjusting the screen resolution on the Shield itself?

We will request diagnostic logging before and after you adjust these settings, so please give us an approximate timestamp of when you adjusted these settings and we will pinpoint the event in logs.

We’re going to iron this issue out - ticketing a change for development to implement is a top priority.

Want to add to this post, as I’ve been having this issue for as long as I can remember.

On my unit I’m unable to change resolution, as I’m limited to my TV’s 1080p.

Changing time did not alter anything.

Display in general seems a bit flaky on this unit in general to be honest.

Thanks @Espen, that information is quite helpful! Apologies for the late reply. This ticket should see progress shortly. We’ll be back with an update from development as soon as it’s available.