Weird localization of band name

Hi,

I noticed that Roon “translates” the Norwegian rock band Turbonegro’s name to “Turboneger” in various places.
While “Neger” would be the German translation for “Negro”, it is astonishing that Roon would try to localize band names at all.
Also, although I am a German citizen, all my OS settings use English as the default language, including Roon, so this surprises me even more…

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Nope.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Doesn’t matter. The translation seems to happen inside the Roon application.

Screenshot of import settings

irrelevant.

Description of the issue

See above.

The band go by this name in their home country of Norway but use the more famous name for the rest of the world (for obvious reasons).

Roon is actually correct here but I would prefer it used the international name as Roon is a global product.

Note: I am categorically not a Turbonegro fan. The humour is lost on me.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for clarifying!
I am not that much of a fan either, so I was not aware of the fact that they go by a different name in Norway.
I guess one never stops learning… :slight_smile:

Anyway, at least it means that there isn’t some weird localization function going haywire within Roon, which is good news! :slight_smile:

Sebastian

From Wikipedia -

Bunch of Scandinavian white boys valiantly attempting to change racist attitudes by using a racist dog whistle. Yeah, right.

What were they attempting to change with the name ‘Nazipenis’?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.