What am I doing right? No problems with Roon

Someone us go down the nucleus/rock route even if we do know computers very well and really don’t want to end up as a sys-admin in our spare time at home :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I switched from my iMac to a NUC/Rock three weeks ago, fixing all stability issues I had. I was getting really tired of sending in the crash reports to apple.

Greeting from Canada to Peter and Denmark
I am with you Peter as I just renewed my Roon membership for the second year of trouble free operation. I have an Innuos Zen network player that connects to a PS Audio Directstream DAC and then on to a McIntosh Amplifier that all results in an excellent sound. It all works every time and all the time. Occasionally I have a disconnect problem however it always seems to result in a Internet service issue and never Roon and/or Tidal. Roon is awesome - many thanks people and cheers from Canada.

I don’t understand why so many have all sorts of problems.

Life is like a perfect system, it’s plug and play too and yet so many people have all sorts of problems. Maybe you are just one very lucky person. Embrace it and be kind to help out when you can so that everyone can have an awesome experience while in life. :pray::slightly_smiling_face:

Greetings from another dude in Denmark.

I have an Innuous Zen Mini MK III and NO problems.

very happy roon user. life member ,
hard some issues setting up , but was with wifi in concrete and steel house , changed to a commercial wi fi system and boom. perfect .
win 10 on asus / hp laptops . hp decktop , samsumg s9 and s10 phones, hp server , rock ,( home built before rock came out) i7 nuc-hp; 24 port switch, full networked house , PS audio DSJ , oppo 105, sonos google chrome cast , sony tv , it all works fine , i use nothing else .
thank you roon.

1 Like

Not sure where that number comes from but there are nearly 25,000 users here on the forum…some probably not active roon users. I don’t think roon has officially published actual user numbers, at least not that I have seen.

I have no issues with roon after a few years (lifer from the start) and indeed the forum does kind of lean towards a squeaky wheel kind of vibe as it is a support forum primarily. The roon guys are great as are the many other users here who chip in to help others.

The roon team posted the 100k figure a while ago in a discussion thread.

Odd there is only 23,xxx users listed in the all users count then. Either a lot of people never had any issue or logged in or maybe users without active memberships get flushed out of the forum system.

100k roon subscribers not forum users.

1 Like

Didn’t one of the Roon team say that they were “fast approaching” 100,000

That was a while back too

Could be my memory …

I have the same recollection, but I can’t find the exact post anymore…

This one:

1 Like

Over 100k now…

Forum user count is a bit higher than it should be. We were automatically creating forum registrations from Roon users for a while, but we stopped doing that. Now they are created on demand as you login.

4 Likes

I too have not had any problems with Roon and I’m into my third year as a customer.

Until recently I had the Roon Core and controller on a Windows10 Pro machine, USB to an external DAC, and the controller on an iPad and my Android smartphone. A few weeks ago I ordered a Roon Nucleus Plus and migrated my Roon Core from the Windows machine, with no problems.

The Roon Nucleus works even better than the Windows machine, I suspect the USB port on the Nucleus is quieter than the one on the Dell machine.

No problems!

Glad to hear officially it’s over 100k as 23k would seem a bit low IMHO based on 4 years or so of sales for such a great product

Same here! No issues yet!

20k tracks
Roon rock i5 akasa passive
Router synology
NAS synology 8 slot
Switch zyxel
SB Classic at the moment running wireless via sTRONG wi-fi adapter

Running flawless :+1:t2::smirk:

I am very happy to announce my continued problem free enjoyment and engagement with ROON. Long may it remain so.

Wishes yes, issues no. Happy user here.

1 Like

It seems to me that most issues are related to equipment that doesn’t work well together and not necessarily problems with Roon. I had one such instance with a good quality HDMI cable. The NUC HDMI connection to my OPPO player with the player then connected to the receiver worked perfectly all the time. With the NUC HDMI connected directly to the receiver with the same cable there were constant dropouts. It was a new cable. Returned the cable for exchange and had the same issue with the replacement. Put in an different brand cable and it worked fine. I’m still using the cable just not between the NUC and receiver. I’m a very happy Roon user.