What are Team Roon listening to? [2024-02]

A lot has happened since I last asked this question and as a community I wish to once again ask Team Roon what they’re currently listening to.

What’s your go to album(s) right now?

Take it away gang
@jamie @connor @beka @ben @benjamin @noris @joel @daniel @vova @kevin

This includes Danny, Enno, Ivan, both Brians and the rest (I can only mention 10 of you, my favourites are above :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::face_with_peeking_eye:)

Please pass this on to the rest of the team as I know I haven’t mentioned all of Team Roon and also Team Harman.

5 Likes

Link to previous thread

@mike @kristi @jamie should get a shout out as they did reply previously.

And indeed it would be great to hear from @enno and perhaps @HarmanCEO!

.sjb

G’morning @Menzies,

Here’s a taste of some things I’ve been spinning recently. I’ve really been enjoying Joel Ross’ newest album nublues , released last Friday. It reminds me a bit of Alice Coltrane and Bobby Hutcherson. I sent it to Enno, and he’s been digging it as well.

Macca’s Band on the Run is one of my favs so I’ve been intrigued by the recently released (Underdubbed) version. It’s always interesting to hear favorites before the finishing touches were applied.

I keep my ear pretty close to the New Music Friday playlist to look for new stuff I might like. It’s always fun to let that one work on shuffle. I’ve also dipped a toe in the GRAMMYs 2024 list as well.

The last few days, I’ve returned to some Gram Parsons stuffy, Sweetheart of the Rodeo and his Reprise set. Gram has an interesting place and doesn’t necessarily gel with everyone, but he’s one of my heavies. I know some people who were in his orbit, and he’s always been fascinating to me. His voice holds a lot of rain.

Roon radio served up some Traffic, and they held me fixed for a few days. I always end up playing Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys and Dear Mr. Fantasy a dozen times each on repeat. This time the live version of Gimme Some Lovin’ off of Welcome to the Canteen caught me in its spell. Winwood and Mason get a little sideways in that one, but it don’t bother me none. You can hammer nails with that groove!

RoonShareImage-638433233307531150

RoonShareImage-638433233933816060

RoonShareImage-638433233105017250

RoonShareImage-638433233522323070

RoonShareImage-638433234287819400

RoonShareImage-638433243516328160

8 Likes

Thanks @jamie

I must leave Qobuz enabled and allow Roon Radio to take me on a journey. I’ve been busy getting acquainted with my, slowly growing, CD collection.

I will take time out to listen to some of your choices though.

Right, who’s up next?

Roon Radio does an excellent job, I use it everyday coupled with my library, Tidal and Qobuz. Traffic’s Freedom Rider and Rock & Roll Stew are a couple more for you.

2 Likes

I agree, @Stephen_Horvath; Roon Radio always does wonders in helping me rediscover things in my own library. I’m always being served up albums or artists I’ve neglected or forgotten.

Excellent suggestions, those are two favorites of mine. Traffic covered the waterfront, really; they could do incredibly funky groove-heavy stuff, heavy or whimsical psyche, Brit Folk ala John Barleycorn, into Rock Fusion, and all things in between rather seamlessly. There’s loads to enjoy scattered throughout their discography.

2 Likes