RoonShareImage-636886802388287643

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-636887077225308560

3 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

I’d give Larkin Poe a whirl, but this album is not available on Qobuz or Tidal in the US.

6 Likes

May not be you cup of tea … but I thought it was topical with tomorrow being the first day of spring. Their most recent releases are on TIDAL/ Qobuz and are rockier. To get a feel for their earlier material search for Killing Time with Blair Dunlop. This has an excellent cover of Fairport Convention’s I’ll Keep It With Mine.

1 Like

2 Likes

Blimey, I miss Jackie Leven. I went to see him in Cambridge a long time ago. He was playing the Corn Exchange and, in between songs, he asked anyone to get him a brandy from the bar…it seemed everyone sat there without moving so I got him a double and took it to him on the stage.
Later on, he hit the Bar, recognised me and we had a few drinks to say the least!
‘The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death’ is my favourite album followed by ‘Forbidden songs of the dying West’

1 Like

3 Likes

Great story. My friend used to follow him in the band Doll by Doll. From there he followed his career closely and used to put him up often. I had burger and chips with them before the show I saw. The Ian Rankin book ‘Standing In another man’s grave’ is dedicated to Jackie and the title comes from a miss heard JL song title. Standing in another man’s rain. A great read and either title would work.

Thanks Chris,
Am a fan of Ian Rankin and must read that book!

1 Like

RoonShareImage-636887912594264160

1 Like

1 Like

RoonShareImage-636887995796394540

9 Likes