What are you drinking now? [Pair with music for double points]

I met some of the brewers of brewdog when they were touring america with Flying Dog for the International Arms Race of 2012.

1 Like

A colleague of mine got shares when they started up via crowd funding. He’s sitting pretty on them now.

Elvis Juice is genuinely one of life’s greatest pleasures.

At heavy seas brewery, release of Trick and the companion beer Treat.
They are playing the White Stripes…and I’m drinking Trick.

Now they are moving on to the Pixies…

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-637096953644654413

Haven’t posted in a while.

A recent discovery - Clyde May’s Rye. Goes great with the mod sounds. Yes I know it’s only Monday but since there’s a (American) football game on tonight it’s still the weekend in this house.

By the way there is a Clyde May’s Bourbon, which is also very nice and a real steal at the current price, which is around $40 for a fifth. Give it a try.

5 Likes

+1 on Clyde Mays Whiskies.

+1 on a generous pour.

2 Likes

Football and rye whiskey. Classic.

1 Like

That is a VERY serious bottle of wine!!

1 Like

It is 10AM CST, so I am drinking coffee from Five Watt.

I am listening to a Zoom video conference, but the audio quality with our Logitech Meetup A/V device is stunning… lots of air between participants with plenty of bass slam.

1 Like

Last night, I had diet Root Beer with vanilla. Coke Freestyle machine.

That’s as “hard” as it gets here :slight_smile:

yes! it was a gift, from someone who didn’t really know what it was. probably deserved more serious music.

That is one of the funniest posts I’ve ever seen on the Roon Community.

But on a more serious note: Have you done any comparisons with other video conferencing software? :rofl:

I have… both software and hardware. The Logitech Meetup is magic when used with Zoom Rooms.

imo, zoom is superior to skype, google hangouts, and amazon chime.

I’d rather steer clear of work, and having to see work people just doesn’t do it for me either :slight_smile: now a drink with folks that’s peeking my interest.

After a nice bicycle ride on a sunny but still rather chilly day I needed a something to warm me up, so I came up with a new drink I’m calling a Kentucky Koffee: black coffee with Jim Beam Maple Flavored Bourbon and whipped cream. Very tasty.

The music is a recent discovery of mine - The Rookies - Stay Weird (2019)
Here’s whatever info I have about this very enjoyable album:

Melbourne cult jazz quintet The Rookies offer a quirky and diverse journey into the minds of frustrated jazz musicians seeking more from their genre with their second LP, ‘Stay Weird’. An album that nods to the hard bop and spirit jazz of their forebears, ‘Stay Weird’ is a collection of wonky originals and obscure treatments of standards by the likes of John Coltrane and Pharaoh Sanders.

Featuring guest vocals from Melbourne-based soul/exotica phenomenon Laneous (Laneous, Kafka, Laneous and the Family Yah), and Australian jazz legend Ben Gillespie (The Hoodangers, The Four Scoops), ‘Stay Weird’ is an ode to the unique energy when people shed their pride to collaborate and honour each other’s creative offerings. It is a celebration of the raw energy of improvisation, where anything is possible if you can just let your weirdness shine through.
RoonShareImage-637101227867269517

5 Likes

It depends on the music, of course.
When I listen to my favorite avantgarde jazz/chamber/minimalism, I enjoy the crystal clarity and subtle depth of Remy Martin VSOP.
For classical jazz, Coltrane and Davis and that era, I prefer the robust complexity of Remy Martin VSOP.
For blues, I like the smoky moodiness of Remy Martin VSOP.
For rock and metal, I will go with the hardass notes of Remy Martin VSOP.
For my rare excursions into classical, the elevated elegance of Remy Martin VSOP fits well.

Now, where do I collect my double points?

4 Likes

After you post a few pictures similar to those in many of the previous posts your points will be added to your account at the Roon Saloon. :smiley::tumbler_glass:

And welcome to the Roon Saloon!

4 Likes

I think we get picture…now where is the picture?