What are you drinking now? [Pair with music for double points]

Thanks to you :+1:

1 Like

I’ve been Rum crazy for 35 years & going…just not quite so strong…:grin:

5 Likes

Nothing still detoxing from last sat.

2 Likes

Trying to wake up with espresso and café au lait.

8 Likes

Enjoying my (vinyl) Sinatra with some very special Trappist beers. Rochefort has introduced their first new special bear – a Triple – in 65 years. It’s great, just like their Quadruple (10).

RoonShareImage-638037022507995420

8 Likes

Hey @Grump, here’s something I highly recommend. It’s the perfect palate cleanser as I wait for my next cup of Pike Place to brew. :wink: :rofl:

The musical pairing couldn’t be more ideal either, or least to my old addled brain that’s what’s making sense at the moment. :dancing_men: :dancing_women:

RoonShareImage-638070335156504100

Cheers!

P.S. If that particular tune doesn’t do it for you, then try this one (it’s on Spotify, which I know you have). The song title strikes me as being especially apropos because that’s what you may be in if you follow my advice :wink::rofl:.

4 Likes

You may also like…

3 Likes

Wow, that was quite a shock! I was listening to a quiet and soothing album from Julee Cruise, and then your drums kicked in! Now what to do to relax again? I guess I have to open these two leftovers from the weekend, together with some Calvados-infused camembert cheese. Ah, what a punishment! :smile: :innocent:

RoonShareImage-638070632198403390

7 Likes

Okay, I’m green with envy now. Gotta get one of those Westmalle glasses!!

Beautiful backyard btw.

Cheers!

1 Like

That was the sole purpose of my post. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Are you happy now?? Just look at what you made me do.

2 Likes

“The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any compulsive buying disorder as a consequence of his previous post. The information contained in that post is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of protection against such compulsive behavior.” :innocent:

6 Likes

By the way: you should have ordered a fourth glass for another great beer we haven’t even discussed yet. :innocent: :rofl:

3 Likes

Haha, while gathering my glasses to tease you, I discovered that apparently, I threw away my Duvel glass at some point! “Serves him right”, I hear you think…:wink:

2 Likes

Now Grump, you should know by now angelic me :innocent: would never think such things.

2 Likes

I stand corrected! :wink: Bummer, I must have given the Duvel glass away when I last moved three years ago. I had way too many beer glasses anyway.

The Chimay is yet another great authentic Belgian Trappist beer. I recommend the Blue Label (a Quadruple) and the White Label (a Triple). The Red Label IMO is a watered down version of the Blue Label (like the Rochefort 6 and 8 compared with the 10). The White Label is very minerally, a bit reminiscent of the Orval yet different (but equally good). Worth trying!

images

Unknown

5 Likes

Shocker.

Thanks as always for your keen insight into the great beers brewed in your part of the world. I’ve had the Chimay before, but not sure which one, most likely the Red Label knowing my luck. But I’m adding the Blue and White to my Untappd wish list, and will look for them on my next Hop City outing, which could be later today.

P.S. We better stop this before we both get banned from this thread. :wink: I’ll PM you when I make it to Hop City and will report what I was able to procure. Thank you my friend.

1 Like

@kitated & @Grump

You 2 stoled all my :hearts:. it is with beer. If you two were talking about tea or coffee that would be empty and broken :hearts:

2 Likes

What would that be, given that I am the king of Belgium Quads.? :smiley:

1 Like

I was referring to the Chimay Blue Label, @Rugby. It is not a Quadrupel formally, as Chimay doesn’t use the normal Trappist categories (Blond, Double, Triple, Quadruple). But it certainly has all the characteristics of a Quadruple.

I prefer the Rochefort 10 (another exception: they use the 6, 8 and 10 to categorize, but the 10 most definitely is a Quadruple). However, Jim and I’ve already discussed the Rochefort at length in PM, so I wanted to provide an alternative. And it is a very good specialty beer, just like their White Label (Triple).

Didn’t know you’re such a Quadruple lover too! Just Quadruples, of Triples as well? I’d modestly call myself the king of Belgian Triples… :smiley: Although in the dark days of winter, I prefer the darker Doubles and Quadruples.

2 Likes