What Chord gear do you have?

Had the mojo for a couple of months now and just ordered the poly to go with it this morning. Should receive it early this week hopefully.

2 Likes

Very simple setup.
Sonore ultraRendu as bridge to Chord Qutest via Audioquest Diamond USB cable.
Chord chosen because of its pcm and dsd ability…oh and it was stupidly cheap price!
Only “wish” would have been balanced XLR outputs instead of just the single ended RCA outputs although the Purist Audio Design IC I am using may negate that “deficit”…

It’s a great combination. I am using it since almost 2 years and I enjoy it very much! The app is a bit weird, but once it’s working - great sound for such a tiny device.

1 Like

I’m just looking forward to being able to move around the house and not be tethered to a power outlet.

Got it today. Been charging it for most of the day and played a couple of songs via roon. I am very impressed. It can even handle upsampled music which I was not expecting.

I load mine up with music on SD card and take it away as well. Sounds great.

1 Like

I was looking at SD cards earlier. I will probably get a 512gb for the summer.

1 Like

Been enjoying my music all around the house. I am shocked at how well this works as a roon endpoint. It is so flawless.

1 Like

I did end up getting an SD card for my Poly but I am a bit disappointed at how slow and convoluted it is changing from ‘roon’ to ‘other services’ mode within the gofigure app and then have to use a separate app like mconnect.

I have probably just been spoiled by how well integrated roon is.

I don’t find it slow at all on the app. It’s just a flick to everything else. I play the SD card on random as I’m lazy.

1 Like

Just taken delivery of Hugo TT2 but not had chance to have a serious listen but from initial impressions an mscaler demo is on the cards for comparison to my NDX2. Busy and expensive times ahead possibly…

Only MojoPoly, can’t afford any other Chord stuff.

8 Likes

I only have Hugo 2 and I am very satisfied, I feel that’s all I need now, just don’t let me hear Dave or TT2/M Scaler, please don’t. :grin:

I have Poly, Qutest, TT2 and MScaler. The gateway was the Poly, PIA at first but better now. It is worth it for the sound capability alone. The UI stinks I think Chord really missed the mark on that portion. The thing sounds so darned good though.

The TT2 Mscaler combo is amazing 16/44 files take on a “something”, they just sound so much better. Chord has a sound some call it transparency, and they live up to that strength. I hate the no update mindset, but it is what it is.

I Absolutely agree. I Still use my Chord DSX1000 with Chord SPM 1050 power am in a secondary system. Roon controlled by a Sonaire UPnP bridge. It’s all Ethernet and every bit as good (A/B testing) as the PS Audio direct stream DAC.

Snap, me too :wink:

Well what happened in the last 2 month’s then?

Naim or Chord?

.sjb

I decided, having bought Hugo TT2, to give the MScaler a try and just fell in love with the SQ, detail & soundstage which offer more precise positional information. I was so impressed that I decided to keep both and now the NDX 2 is, reluctantly as I can’t afford both, up for sale (a rather costly decision & expensive year with the Ultima as well).

3 Likes

What do you “feed” the Hugo with?

I have the same combination, I’m very happy with it.

.sjb

1 Like

Feeds from,
Mainly USB input from roon core (Windows 10pro i5 3Ghz 8GB RAM) using Chord’s version of WASAPI driver.
Otherwise Optical for physical red book from primare BD32.
Ultima feeds Quad ESL2912

1 Like