What Codec file?

Gentlemen,

I have upgraded my aged NUC to a new Akasa Fanless NUC12WSHI5 with an internal 2TB SSD ( Instead of my worn out old NAS Drive). The installation went well, Rock installed plus the new SSD (Formatted)
The missing Codec file eludes me , the link in the Roon installation points at a number of files which is somewhat confusing.

Can anybody tell me what file I need to uncompress and send to the Roon codec folder. ??? (I know the name but many different variations)

Restoring my backup to the new system is not an issue…. But this Codec file has got me in a bit of tiss. !!!

Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated.

If you download the file in the codec guide (see below) then unpack it (twice). You will see a ffmpeg file like this:

This is the file you need to copy to the Rock codecs directory.

Here is the guide for the codecs:

This is the issue…

There is a second link in the ffmpeg install instructions which takes you directly to the download for the correct file.

If you can’t find the second link, then, from the page shown above, use ‘ffmpeg-git-amd64-static.tar.xz’

I just built a new Rock core and found the documentation very poor, and I’m technical. Between outdated/insufficient screenshots, confusing write up, buried links, having to go to multiple pages, it was very frustrating and took way longer than it should have. I had to make educated guesses on 90%+ of the build.

The help centre article for ‘Missing Codecs’ has the full link in the ‘Step 1’ text:

Many thanks to all who answered. All Sorted now, and up and running without a hitch. :+1:

It’s all debatable if a 1k layout on a Fanless system is worth it, (still almost half the price of a Nucleus) but that may be part of another debate. It’s certainly snappier with the internal ssd drive than my aged NAS Drive