What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

:sunglasses::rofl: You are right on the money with this DAC! However the next gen X ANNIVERSARY DAC - THE BEST!!

Cheers;:open_mouth:

I just ordered an Audiolab M-Dac Plus. For now I will connect it with my Node 2, via Coax. The Audiolab itself will be connected with two mono power amps. Later on, I will replace the Node2 and buy me a SOtM sMS-200 (ultra?).

A Questyle CM600i DAC / Headphone amp.

Follow up on the Meridian Prime Headphone Amp/DAC. No changes to the light scheme for older models. MQA light will remain white. Newly produced units will have colored MQA lights.

Per Jason @ Meridian USA.

I use Roon from my Ayre QX-5 Twenty dac/pre, which again drives my Burmester-system. Audionirvana! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

QNap TS-429 NAS -> I5 Mac Mini (Roon Core) -> Sonore UltraRendu -> Mytek Brooklyn DAC -> Anthem MRX 710 -> Monitor Audio Gold 200
Getting there :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Anthem MRX and MA Golds go nicely together…:sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

I totally agree with you! Just added the Sonore…pure bliss!!

1 Like

sonicTransporter i5 (Roon Core) -> PS Audio DirectStream w/Bridge II (Roon Endpoint)

1 Like

Zenith MK II (Roon Core + Music Server) -> Ethernet -> SOtM sMS200ultra (Roon Endpoint) -> USB -> Arcam FMJ D33 (DAC) -> XLR -> Ayre K5-xe MP (Pre) -> XLR -> ATC SCM50ASL Classic

1 Like

Here are some other impressions:

http://www.audioshark.org/general-audio-discussion-15/schiit-audio-yggdrasil-review-13543.html

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/1139-schiit-audio-yggdrasil-digital-to-analog-converter-with-analog-2-upgrade

Mac Mini (headless - roon server)---->Sonore ultraRendu—>audiolab M-DAC±–>audiolab 8300A–>Awesome musical experiance:grinning:

1 Like

Just a few days ago, I received the Mytek Brooklyn DAC+.

1 Like

Impressions? On the fence on getting the +.

RPi3/Allo Boss 1.2

I listened to the original Brooklyn for maybe half an hour and it immediately sounded good to me. I listened to the + at CanJam and there was definitely an improvement. At home, I’ve I listened about 12 hours or so on the + and I’m still really liking it. Very revealing, every slightly warmer than what I was used to on the Apogee Groove. The biggest most notable difference is that the + isn’t fatiguing. On darko.audio, the conclusion was to get the + if you don’t have the original already. I’d agree with that.

NADAC via Ravenna
Yamaha AP-U70 via USB
Stoner Acoustic via USB

More to come…

Peachtree 200SE internal DAC (for the direct connection to my ROCK server)
Meridian 2 for my bedside headphones through a Raspberry Pi
Dragonfly Red for my iOS devices
Sonos for everything else (RAAT - I get it)

1 Like

just replaced my 2Qute with a Qutest
not night and day but definitely an improvement :slight_smile:

moving the 2Qute to my secondary system so it will become: Aries Mini –> 2Qute -> RWA Signature 15 -> Klipsch R-15M
(when I briefly tried the Qutest there, it obviously was night and day compared to Aries Mini’s internal DAC)

1 Like

Paolo, can you please check if DSD-operation is glitch-free with the Qutest? :slight_smile: