Same here and echo your impressions. Can’t wait to hear it when (new firmware) Snowmass is out!
Astell & Kern A&ultima SP1000 at PC & Mobile | Sennheiser HD800 | Double Helix Symbiote Elte 19 balanced 2.5mm TRRS | Roon Server Apple Macbook Pro 17 Early 2011 2.2Ghz i7 16GB | Synology 2415+ NAS; Yamaha receiver Boston Acoustics Great Room/Bar - Sonos Boston Acoustics for Lanai
SBooster BOTW power supplies
SOtM sMS-200 network audio adaptor
Mytek Brooklyn Dac
after being caught, many months ago, by DSDs malarky and trying Chord and Auralic DACs (even enjoying them to the point of considering upgrading to a TT2, a Dave or a Vega G2) … pulled them all a couple of days ago, put back in chain my beloved Metrum Hex and… immediately got what the true upgrade path is: ordered a Metrum Adagio a few minutes ago! (and f**k DSDs )
Living room: Meridian MS200
Den: Metrum Amethyst NOS Dac
Thanks a bunch Chris! Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Bel Canto DAC 2.5 -> REF500s power amp
You must be a very wise man… the Adagio is amazing…
- Media room: Nucleus → Benchmark DAC2 HGC (USB) → AHB2 power amp → B&W 804S speakers
- Computer: Mac → Benchmark DAC1 (optical 96/24) → Sennheiser HD800 and Genelec 6010A monitors/5040A subwoofer
- Bedroom: Rock64 (Roon Bridge) → Fostex HP-A8C (USB) → Focal Elear
- Dining room: Marantz M-CR603 (Airplay) → B&W CM1
I wish I had jumped on the Oppo all-in-one endpoint/DAC/headphone amp while they were still in business.
Ayre QX5 Twenty!!!
Topping D50 DAC to NAD 3020 integrated amp. Sounds great
Win10 media server w/HDMI & USB cables thru wall from closet to Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro in listening room.
HDMI for multi-channel & Emby video. USB when listening to stereo only.
Also got the PDP3000HV which is
driving PA3000HV into MBL 116F speakers
The ability to run Dirac Live directly from this unit is huge instead of kludging it out of Roon. Thinking about selling my C 390DD w/ BluOS MDC for a C 658 and a C 268. Or really bet that most of the benefit is with Dirac and buy another T 758 v3, as the system in question gets used for TV 90% of the time anyway.
- Living room: DCS Scarlatti (using USB input from USBridge) feeding into a DCS Puccini player/DAC
- Headphone set: Chord Poly/Mojo (also used when traveling)
- Kitchen: Allo BOSS (on an RPi3)
- Home office: Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 USB speakers connected to iMac
I’ve always been fascinated by the fully integrated 390DD technology. How is it in practice?
Wouldn’t it make more sense to put a Dirac preprocessor like the miniDSP, and keep the benefits of integrated D/A and power amplification without an intermediate legacy analogue stage between the C658 preamp and C268 power amp?
The 390DD is wonderful, but being able to have Dirac apply to all sources using one preamp and set of controls would be really nice. I did have an HDMI based miniDSP box to run Dirac a while back, but sold it. It was another button to push, box to connect, wall wart to plugin, etc. And I think it was limited to 24/96 anyway. Even the transfer of the finished Dirac filters is easier using the NAD approach than using miniDSP tools or Roon/Audio Hijack.
- Living Room: Schiit Yggdrasil connected with USB cable to NUC i7 with Rood ROCK
- Kitchen: B&W A5 wireless loudspeaker
- Headphone: ifi iDAC2 conected to an iMac
- Office: B&W MM1 connected to an iMac
With Roon :
Qnap NAS with AIFF/DSF Files =>
Odroid C1+ with DietPI OS =>
SMSL A8 ( Digital Power Amplifier DAC / ICEpower 125Wx2 Module / AK4490 DAC,Supports PCM 768khz DSD512) =>
AC Kemp Elektronics Power-Strip --> ( Mac-Mini Server late 2012 -->
[connected to AC with S-Booster] SOtM sMS-200 with ROON --> Marantz HD-DAC1 -->
Marantz PM14S1 SE --> B&W CM8 and sub B&W ASW 10CM )