What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model and price

(Fernando Troiani) #892

Same here and echo your impressions. Can’t wait to hear it when (new firmware) Snowmass is out!

(Tom) #894

Astell & Kern A&ultima SP1000 at PC & Mobile | Sennheiser HD800 | Double Helix Symbiote Elte 19 balanced 2.5mm TRRS | Roon Server Apple Macbook Pro 17 Early 2011 2.2Ghz i7 16GB | Synology 2415+ NAS; Yamaha receiver Boston Acoustics Great Room/Bar - Sonos Boston Acoustics for Lanai

SBooster BOTW power supplies
SOtM sMS-200 network audio adaptor
Mytek Brooklyn Dac

(paolo) #896

after being caught, many months ago, by DSDs malarky and trying Chord and Auralic DACs (even enjoying them to the point of considering upgrading to a TT2, a Dave or a Vega G2) … pulled them all a couple of days ago, put back in chain my beloved Metrum Hex and… immediately got what the true upgrade path is: ordered a Metrum Adagio a few minutes ago! :slight_smile: (and f**k DSDs :stuck_out_tongue: )

(Juan Antunes) #897

Living room: Meridian MS200
Den: Metrum Amethyst NOS Dac

(Thomas Pinckard) #898

Thanks a bunch Chris! Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. :grinning:

Cheers,

Tom Pinckard

Bel Canto DAC 2.5 -> REF500s power amp

(Kees van der Wal) #900

You must be a very wise man… the Adagio is amazing…:+1::+1:

(Fazal Majid) #901
  • Media room: Nucleus → Benchmark DAC2 HGC (USB) → AHB2 power amp → B&W 804S speakers
  • Computer: Mac → Benchmark DAC1 (optical 96/24) → Sennheiser HD800 and Genelec 6010A monitors/5040A subwoofer
  • Bedroom: Rock64 (Roon Bridge) → Fostex HP-A8C (USB) → Focal Elear
  • Dining room: Marantz M-CR603 (Airplay) → B&W CM1

I wish I had jumped on the Oppo all-in-one endpoint/DAC/headphone amp while they were still in business.

(Ken Edwards) #902

Ayre QX5 Twenty!!!

(Robert Imhoff) #903

Topping D50 DAC to NAD 3020 integrated amp. Sounds great

Win10 media server w/HDMI & USB cables thru wall from closet to Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro in listening room.

HDMI for multi-channel & Emby video. USB when listening to stereo only.

Ralph
Also got the PDP3000HV which is
driving PA3000HV into MBL 116F speakers

(Edward Brewer) #906

The ability to run Dirac Live directly from this unit is huge instead of kludging it out of Roon. Thinking about selling my C 390DD w/ BluOS MDC for a C 658 and a C 268. Or really bet that most of the benefit is with Dirac and buy another T 758 v3, as the system in question gets used for TV 90% of the time anyway.

(Albert Jochems) #907
  • Living room: DCS Scarlatti (using USB input from USBridge) feeding into a DCS Puccini player/DAC
  • Headphone set: Chord Poly/Mojo (also used when traveling)
  • Kitchen: Allo BOSS (on an RPi3)
  • Home office: Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 USB speakers connected to iMac

(Fazal Majid) #908

I’ve always been fascinated by the fully integrated 390DD technology. How is it in practice?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to put a Dirac preprocessor like the miniDSP, and keep the benefits of integrated D/A and power amplification without an intermediate legacy analogue stage between the C658 preamp and C268 power amp?

(Edward Brewer) #909

The 390DD is wonderful, but being able to have Dirac apply to all sources using one preamp and set of controls would be really nice. I did have an HDMI based miniDSP box to run Dirac a while back, but sold it. It was another button to push, box to connect, wall wart to plugin, etc. And I think it was limited to 24/96 anyway. Even the transfer of the finished Dirac filters is easier using the NAD approach than using miniDSP tools or Roon/Audio Hijack.

(Andrea - Italy) #910
  • Living Room: Schiit Yggdrasil connected with USB cable to NUC i7 with Rood ROCK
  • Kitchen: B&W A5 wireless loudspeaker
  • Headphone: ifi iDAC2 conected to an iMac
  • Office: B&W MM1 connected to an iMac

(Luc Arnon) #911

With Roon :

• Qnap NAS with AIFF/DSF Files =>

• Odroid C1+ with DietPI OS =>

• SMSL A8 ( Digital Power Amplifier DAC / ICEpower 125Wx2 Module / AK4490 DAC,Supports PCM 768khz DSD512) =>

• Spendor S9

(Gerdy Beeckaert) #912

AC Kemp Elektronics Power-Strip --> ( Mac-Mini Server late 2012 -->
[connected to AC with S-Booster] SOtM sMS-200 with ROON --> Marantz HD-DAC1 -->
Marantz PM14S1 SE --> B&W CM8 and sub B&W ASW 10CM )