What did you get today?

I don’t recall seeing a thread for the latest gear/equipment, audio related furniture, coffee or just your latest score. New or thrift store, doesn’t matter let’s see what you got today in the mail or at the store. Like the what a drinking thread pair with music for bonus points.

I’m excited to get to this later in the day. Was supposed to come between 2:00 and 6:00 p.m. got here at 1:30. Better early than late!

4 Likes

A few days ago . . . I have a number of amps I use based off of where I am located.

Changing out the cables to my headphones/CIEMs gets old really quickly. Not to mention expensive. balanced XLR, 2-pin 0.78, 2.5mm, 3.5mm, 4.4mm yeah. Needless to say I have some amps/headphones that were never paired.

Hart Audio ended this for me. I bought the cable for my headphone. I bought the end needed and plug it in as usual. It then terminates with a mini XLR male socket.

You then just buy the connection you need for your amp. They sell kits so you have all of it.

They let you pick sleeve color and custom lengths. The cable itself is light, but I’m a fan of chunky heavy gauge wire.

It reads as an advertisement probably. I have no affiliation I paid full price. Everything shipped quickly from Texas.

You have to get in line to order custom cables. They have some stock Multi-kits on hand if they fit your needs.

It works really well. Press the button on the interconnect, detach, move to new location patch back in. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So are you planning on renaming the thread “What Will I get tomorrow”…
Otherwise we call foul :rofl:

2 Likes

Boooo, for not in possession yet, thread foul!

Anyone that has heard (read) my laments of no “real” internet access at my house might be interested to know that I got Starlink recently. Initial results so-so. I just got a notice that the needed (and backordered) dongle to allow the all-in-one WiFi router be connected to a switch has shipped. Arriving Monday. Stay tuned to this bat-channel.

2 Likes

Hahahaha. I wish there was more than one heart to give.

1 Like

Well we will be expecting a post from your good self, following normal protocol after receiving it :grin:.
Must be exciting times for you :+1:

We need to push support for a SuperHeart :wink:

1 Like

Get/Got = in your grubby little hands…just to be clear.

I guess your way allows you to increase post count. When $$$ spent and when carrier delivers. Seem fishy to me. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Here’s my solution then to keep you happy.
Tidied it up a bit more.
Apologies for posting :roll_eyes:

Hopefully the final piece of my 20 year internet-less saga.

4 Likes

When is it going up?
Exciting times :+1:

1 Like

Apparently they like to ship things one at a time. I got this cat-5 thing Today. My pole mount is arriving Friday. Right now it is sitting in the back yard in the grass. :upside_down_face:

I gotta get up the nerve to climb 3 stories on a ladder or rope someone into scaling my house. Have not quite come up with a plan for that yet. Starlink has a cool phone app for helping with placement.

We shall see. After 20 years of living in the 1996-internet era what is a few more days.

2 Likes

Well good luck with it.
Hopefully it will be worth for you

1 Like

I bought these to hook my tonearm to the balanced inputs on the phono amp.

Sound is flat, muddy and veiled. Even with volume at 75%, much less then unbalanced connection at 20%.

I noticed the same problem when I hooked up my PL pre-amp to my PL amp using balanced connections, so it isn’t the tonearm cable or the fact that a conversion is being done from unbalanced to balanced.

Anyone else notice the inferior SQ of balanced vs. unbalanced on their system? Doesn’t make sense since balanced are supposed to reject inference better, but at what cost?

Dunno, but the cables are going back.

On a happier note, also in the mail today -

1 Like

Bummer about the cables.

I got a 2-for today as well. FedEx for starlink and now this at the mailbox. Somebody suggested “reaper” cover in now playing thread. Took a while to find affordable copy…it’s pricy on most sites. Ripping for Roon now

1 Like

@TheHammer has your new toy turned up yet?

1 Like

Spicy tandoori chicken thighs, saag paneer, and a couple of samosas.

7 Likes

Well I got my present half an hour before I have to leave for a couple of days.
Update installing now :crossed_fingers:

EDIE: Update completed no issue, and listening through headphones now though should have left 15 mins ago :wink:

5 Likes

Mmmmmmm, Monobocks (Homer Simpson voice)

5 Likes

Which ones are they?

2 Likes