What does favoriting (“heart”) an artist actually do?

Does favoriting benefit or influence for example new music recommendations? Or is the heart toggle similar to tags?
I feel like I am missing something here. Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction concerning the underlying idea here? Much appreciated!

@Bolus
The Heart indicates that the Song/or Album is a Favorite and Roon has a number of Filters which help people recognize their favorites. For example on your My Albums Page beside Focus which allows you search using lots of criteria, there is the Heart symbol. All your Albums will show but by simply clicking on that Roon show you only the Albums that are your favorites and therefore a bit easier to access.
Same applies to Artists and Tracks.

437F881E-373B-46D6-8026-6B4BA80637A7_4_5005_c

1 Like

It is also used I believe at the macro level as part of the ranking criteria for radio and most popular albums etc.

1 Like

I like to use the “heart” on a track level. If I just want some music on I know will be liked but don’t have any particular music in mind, I go to Tracks and then focus with “heart”. I hit play now shuffle and it will random play any of those songs. Sometime get quite an odd mix, but that’s fine by me :).

For other uses, I am not sure if it figures into algorithms as well or…

1 Like

This is exactly what I do too, I also created a playlist and update it every couple of months with my newest favorite songs. Then I export that playlist and add it to Tidal and Qobuz just in case. It’s great for when I’m in a music rut and don’t know what to listen to.

1 Like