What does Roon offer? I'm coming from the Meridian world

Thanks. This could well provide the successor to my Transporter. I look forward to trying it out.

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: UPnP quality

Hi Danny,

Wondering if you could consolidate some of the info in this thread and post a step by step guide to setting up Roon for users with an existing Meridian Sooloos system? For example, I have an MD600 core/store and an MS600 endpoint. Thanks!

This is a helpful summary. Thanks!

@kerry, there is only two steps right now: Disable your Meridian Core and add the Meridian Storeā€™s music folder share to Roon.

I donā€™t want to explore more tweaks at the moment because Meridian ensures us all that things are getting better, so even the disabling Core will not be needed.

3 Likes

Thanks Danny. Easy! Is there a benefit to exporting files from my MD600 to an external hard disk first or is it ok to just have Roon read them off of the MD600? About 3/4 of the CDs were ripped through dBpoweramp or were from HDTracks. Only about 1/4 were ripped with the control PC software.

The MD600ā€™s internal db format is a bit strange, and if you ripped cds, they lack tags completely. sometimes we can still identify them, but not always.

Export to another location will ensure that they have clean tags.

There is work planned to do this Meridian integration a bit better, both on our end and on meridianā€™s end.

I personally would export now, and then youā€™d have clean stuff to work with immediately. If you want your Meridian endpoints to work w/ Roon, you have to run off the Meridian Sooloos Core until they fix a bug on their end.