What happened to my Tagged Compositions?

It’s more powerful in that tags are inherited, yes. That is really though a different thing from tagging. When I tag something I thought I was saying, I want a precise marker on exactly this piece of data in my quite large library, because I want to be able to find it quickly and precisely. Wanting other stuff brought in is another, secondary function. It sounds like it might be quite cool as a kind of radio/swim sort of thing although I’m curious whether anyone asked for it, or uses it like that.

If we’ve used tags across item types (which was in itself a selling-point in Roon 1.0) you’ve made us have to re-edit all our tags to be able to view the data in any useful way: practically speaking a single tag can’t be used across item types any more (selling point gone), because it’s not possible to view the data precisely.

If it might be possible to switch it off, or have a way of viewing the tag data as before, so that I don’t have to re-edit all my tags in my 130000 track library, that would be dandy.

I’m a relatively heavy tag user, as you know, and the redesign of tagging generally has made my experience worse.