What I would like to see with Nucleus . .

I am using a NucleusPlus and due to the fact that that there is already a Titan in the que I write here what I would like to see in the future:

1.) Roon wise I would like to see a cooperation with HQPlayer so that I can run HQPlayer or a reduced version on the Nucleus without the need to run a separate Computer for it. I am quite sure that the power of the i7 and 16 GB RAM is big enough to run the roon server and the HQPlayer in parallel.

2.) I would like to see that I can run the nucleus also as a server only for local music, or as a server for an other Endpoint (Lumin, Auralic, Rose, . . .) operated by their software without the need for a roon license when I am not interested in all the roon possibilities. Long story short, I would like to use the Nucleus without a roon license, as a stand alone music server.

1 Like

Re 2), I think it’s very unlikely that Roon will pay to implement a non-Roon server so that you can use it without a Roon license. That said, the Nucleus is just an Intel NUC, so you can install other manufacturers‘ servers if they support Intel hardware

2 Likes

Won’t happen it’s a server to run Roon nothing else. There are plenty of other options out there that cover your needs.