What is and where do I access Roon DSP

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Antipodes DS running the latest iteration of Roon

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Using an Ethernet cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB from Antipodes to Denafrips Pontus DAC

Description Of Issue
Firstly, what is DSP?

I have read in reviews of Denafrips DACs of some users using Roons DSP and upsampling PCM content to 352.8/384 using the “precise, minimum phase” filter to produce better sound quality.

Where do I find the settings in Roon to achieve this?
Thanks in advance, for any advice.

Ian

The roon documentation and the like are searchable by Google, it’s the easiest way to find things :slight_smile:
You need a pc or tablet to get into the DSP settings.
https://kb.roonlabs.com/DSP_Engine

Thanks for the prompt reply Ged_hickman1.
I now have the Sample Rate Conversion switch enabled.
The DAC has a NOS and OS switch and is currently set to the NOS position.
I assume, to get any benefit from the SRC that I will need to use the OS mode. Correct?

Ian

I’m just a user like yourself not roon support.
I am assuming that you want roon to do the upsampling and changing frequency etc?
So, for example upsampling from 44 to 96 say?
I think that means you want the switch in “don’t uosample” mode on the dac- whichever one that is so it gets the already upsampled file and then leaves it alone.
I might be wrong though!

Understood and thanks for offering your support. I think you might be on the money.
Looks like some on/off testing of the NOS/OS switch coming up. :smile:
Something to look forward to in these days of restricted movement around the globe.
Hi-Fi’s everywhere must be getting a workout like they seldom see. I know mine is.

Ian

I don’t have a DAC with a switch so I had to do a quick internet search to find out what NOS and OS might mean. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.