61r4BAiVUJL.AC_UY436_QL65

4 Likes

24/192 MQA!

5 Likes

2 Likes

wonderful band, and live recording.
RoonShareImage-638062042759527760

1 Like

With reference to my post in the Latest gig section, regarding Lenny… Here she is in MQA

On a cold Saturday, what else is there to do…

6 Likes

Love track 9, Pills.

2 Likes

Testing out the 7.4c firmware for my iFi to see if it rids the MQA stuttering issue here.

1 Like

Awesome indie band!

2 Likes

Being in my top 5 albums of all time, I’ve waited for an MQA mastering of …Nothing Like the Sun since before MQA was released (I was fortunate to be invited to an early preview) and had actually resigned myself to the possibility that the masters had burned in the Universal Studios fire. I had no idea that a remastered version was released in November last year, a month after the anniversary bonus editions!

192k MQA. The “not heard that before” moment came with the percussion on History Will Teach Us Nothing which was crisper and more realistic than I’ve ever heard it. :ok_hand:

Edit: This might actually be an MQA encoding of the original analogue master. The TIDAL page for the 192k MQA version says “© 1987 UMG Recordings, Inc.” and 192k MQA is typically from analogue master tapes. The TIDAL page for the 96k MQA version says “© 2022 UMG Recordings, Inc.”, so perhaps that’s a digital remastering done on a 96k workstation?

6 Likes

Are you listening to a full 2-step decoding? What DAC do you use?

First decode and room correction notch filters in Roon.
Meridian Sooloos streaming to a a Meridian 818 and full rendering in DSP8000SE loudspeakers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Even though I own the double CD album myself and have it ripped to uncompressed FLAC. The MQA remaster sounds really good as well.

4 Likes

This Sting album sounds awesome! Still waiting for the Police catalogue to be MQA encoded though.

2 Likes

The first track on this album will bring tears to your eyes. Voces8 also sounding great as usual.

4 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes