What ports need to be open to add endpoints?

I had RoonBridge running successfully on Manjaro, but after too many bleeding edges broke things, I needed to reinstall and moved to Fedora 39. I ran the roonbridge easy installer, and everything worked fine. I can see roonbridge.service running successfully with systemctl. I have opened UDP port 9003 and TCP ports 9100-9200 in firewalld. Took me a minute to figure that out, but once I did the computer shows up in Roon. But when I go to add an output, it says Enabling… and never gets further than that. If I stop firewalld it can add them, and restarting it breaks the connection. So obviously some other port needs to be opened up. I’m no wireshark expert, anyone know what else I need to open, or an easy way to figure it out?

If you use that device in your internal (save) network then you’re better off just turning off that firewall. Linux usually doesn’t run a dozen of potentially insecure network services like windows and the few services that are running are usually setup/requested by the user (auto or manually unblocked in firewall) so in the end the result is the same as turning off the firewall.

Note: Roon Labs has stopped telling what ports are needed. You can still search the forum for existing threads containing (potentially outdated) information about ports though. Else: Look at the firewall log for blocked connections from the IP of your Roon Server.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess it is unnecessary. I never added one myself in Manjaro, I guess Fedora just has it on by default, but all my computers are behind a pfsense firewall… so probably safe to just nuke the whole thing.