What we are listening to [2017]

Excellent documentary? Would you be so kind as to tell me its title? Perhaps it’s also on Netflix or some other available channel…! Really like Tom Waits, so I’m interested!

.sjb

3 Likes

1 Like

Thanks @Sloop_John_B! I see it’s on BBC Four, but that’s UK only. Will try to find it though, as it looks promising :yum:

1 Like

2 Likes

It was on BBC 4 and is probably available in the U.K. On the iPlayer. The documentary was exceptional as these things usualy are. A real insight into the man if that’s possible.

2 Likes

1 Like

One of my favourite bands.
My best friend introduced me to Rush when I was 15, he would play this band and the singers voice would annoy me so much I’d threaten to leave.

That was 84 and I haven’t stopped listening to them since. :blush:

Hard to pick favourites but Hemipheres, Moving Pictures and Grace Under Pressure are up there.

1 Like

Interesting interview here.

besides Fly by Night, 2112, A Farewell To Kings (1st saw them on this tour), Signals, and weirdly, Hold The Fire.

1 Like

Kind of like picking a favorite pizza. My favorite Rush album tends to be the last one I last listened to. I’ll give a shout to Moving Pictures though since it hasn’t been mentioned.

2 Likes

Ha ha, I first saw them on June the 4th 1979 at the Pinkpop festival. There are recordings from KRO radio floating around.

1 Like

2 Likes

I want that one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s so good…on Tidal if you have an account. I’d like to hunt down an OG vinyl pressing.

Just to be clear and avoid any misunderstandings: I am talking about the record.

Great cover by the way… :wink:

1 Like