What we are listening to [2018]

2 Likes

Steve Albini.

In 1973, I had to ask the Doobie Brothers to leave a bar where I was working.

Probably the only thing that Michael Bolton and the Doobie Brothers have in common.

:laughing:

2 Likes

From this…

…to this…

:thinking:

4 Likes

Listening to this fabulous album:

Ibrahim Maalouf is fantastic, not just on the trumpet but as a composer and bandleader.
And the other guys are fixtures of my library.

I didn’t know Maalouf well, came across him because I was listening to this album with Frank Woeste, and investigated what else Woeste had done and found a lot with Maalouf:

I had originally added the Pocket Rhapsody album to my library as part of browsing the ACT label, hadn’t listened to it a lot, the perennial time shortage. And now I came across it again after reading this article about Justin Brown, who is publishing an album as leader on Friday:

I wanted to see what I had with Brown, Roon showed me a lot of well-known albums with Ambrose Akinmusire:

but also that trio with Woeste.

I love following links.
(Yay Tidal!)

2 Likes

imageIMG_0124

Something late night peppy! :grin:

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-636662529231873190

Thanks for the pointer on this one Gents! @Dick_Vliek @oneofmany

From the name ‘let’s eat grandma’, this is not what I expected - love it when that happens :+1:

What a talented duo

RoonShareImage-636662573482957620

2 Likes

What a surprise! A look of terminal shock in my eyes…
How did you get that image? Is it something you’ve made, pasting the lyrics and the waveform?
Thanks.

I would like to say I spent hours creating it but… just play that track and share the image while it’s playing.

Thanks - I’ve shared albums before, never tracks, and hadn’t noticed that Roon displays the lyrics automatically. I thought perhaps I’ve missed an update where the lyrics are sync-ed to the music! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think they mean: Let’s eat, grandma
:rofl:

3 Likes

I just found this in MQA, ooo that acoustic guitar intro… nice!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks! Very much enjoy Maalouf – not on my radar. Until now. :slight_smile:

I think grandma would very much like to eat THAT! Not sure if she prefers the cake or Mick though :wink:

1 Like