2 Likes

but on Vinyl. :grinning::sunglasses:

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-636696138016167218

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-636696189295771422

2 Likes

1 Like

The musical score was composed by Leone’s longtime collaborator Ennio Morricone. The film’s long production resulted in Morricone’s finishing the composition of most of the soundtrack before many scenes had been filmed. Some of Morricone’s pieces were played on set as filming took place, a technique that Leone had used for Once Upon a Time in the West. “Deborah’s Theme” was written for another film in the 1970s but was rejected; Morricone presented the piece to Leone, who was initially reluctant to include it, considering it too similar to Morricone’s main title music for Once Upon a Time in the West. The score is also notable for Morricone’s incorporation of the music of Gheorghe Zamfir, who plays a pan flute. At times this music is used to convey remembrance, at other times terror.Once Upon A Time In America (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)RoonShareImage-636696161353110520

5 Likes

“Need something deep for your mood this weekend? Gorgon City want to soundtrack your slide into the off-hours with its stellar sophomore album Escape. It’s a versatile package from the duo, though it keeps its many hues in a color pallette that won’t stray too far from UK garage roots. That’s all to say, this is some danceable stuff, and though it moves from dark to tropical, it’s always good for the hips.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/8469662/gorgon-city-escape-new-album-stream

RoonShareImage-636696841703349780

3 Likes

2 Likes

Some audiophile fodder on a sunday morning:

7 Likes

Bartók: Violin Concerto No 2 in B minor, Kyung-Wa Chung/CBSO/Rattle

Certainly one of my desert island discs.

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

Bly de Blyant “Hindsight Bias”

1 Like

Sonar “Black Light”

@seaharp1 I love the music of Ennio Morricone. One of my regrets is that a concert my wife and I planned to attend in Italy featuring Morricone and a Roman choir was cancelled due to the maestro’s back surgery. (Amazingly, the concert was scheduled for the Teatro del Silencio, a rarely used venue on Andrea Bocelli’s property in Tuscany.) It would have been magical, I believe. You mentioned the music of Gheroge Zamfir as being incorporated into “Once Upon A Time in the West.” Of course, Zamfir’s “The Lonely Shepherd” was the haunting song in Peter Weir’s “Picnic at Hanging Rock.”

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes