What we are listening to [2019]

(TIDAL 16/44)

2 Likes

8 Likes

We used to see Isaac live many times, he was an amazing player and such a nice man. The day he died was the day the music died for me. I have friends who spent countless hours learning his songs and played them well only to notice, the next time Isaac played them, he had changed everything. Talk about a moving target :joy: RIP Isaac Guillory

1 Like

“Sacrum Profanum” represents a new beginning for Polish violinist Adam BaƂdych – but also a look back into his past. He was once a sixteen-year-old firebrand who set out to conquer the jazz world. And when his ACT debut album “Imaginary Room” came out in 2011, he was hailed by the respected German broadsheet the FAZ as having “the finest technique among all living violinists in jazz”. The audacity of BaƂdych’s lines was so breathtaking, he could almost have been playing a wind instrument; his multi-voiced motifs were more like chord-playing by pianists, and over and above these aspects was the ever-present desire to experiment and to transcend genre boundaries.

6 Likes

15 Likes

11 Likes

I would actually suggest that to be one of his least approachable albums - especially if you are just dipping your toe. Depending on your tastes, perhaps Passion and Warfare or Alien Love Secrets may be more suitable. I could never guarantee these will be liked any better, and even as a fan there are some tracks that I just don’t care to listen to and sound more like experiments than a finished product. On the other hand
 he did play with Zappa so how smooth should it be?
Happy Listening!

5 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

10 Likes

RoonShareImage-636887921558893921

:metal::metal::metal::metal:

Great live show, with many crazy chicks that want to!! :rofl: The only live show on my “to do” list for 2019 as I haven’t seen them yet. Not inviting the wife to this one, of course

RoonShareImage-636894197282154216

1 Like

1 Like

7 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

Oh, iToons! Haven’t seen that sight for a while. Still my baseline of course.
Do you like this Symphony No3 then?