What we are listening to [2019]

4 Likes

10 Likes

Long time ago …

1 Like

(Very) long time memories indeed :smile:
Dirk

6 Likes

If you only make one album, it pays to make it a good one and this is.

https://i.imgur.com/XXs7t1w.png

5 Likes

Brand new (i.e. out today) and really brilliant! Check it out…

13 Likes

RoonShareImage-636857819673788780

8 Likes

Fabulous
Been too long must remember to look within the depths of my own music
First three full tracks the noisiest and most ‘post punk’
Track 5 onwards stunning and unusually intricate

1 Like

New album from The Tedeschi Trucks Band on Tidal. 192 MQA too. Nice…

Love the Now Playing Screen…

8 Likes

Always great to hear new material from BSS, one of Canada finest exports.

2 Likes

1 Like

Larry Grenadier’s The Gleaners is a profound and highly creative album, harvesting influences from many sources, its title inspired by Agnès Varda’s film The Gleaners and I . In between his own pieces here, including a dedication to early hero Oscar Pettiford, Grenadier explores compositions by George Gershwin, John Coltrane, Paul Motian, Rebecca Martin and Wolfgang Muthspiel. “The process for making this record began with a look inward,” Larry writes in his liner note, “an excavation into the core elements of who I am as a bass player. It was a search for a center of sound and timbre, for the threads of harmony and rhythm that formulate the crux of a musical identity.”
The result is an important addition to ECM’s series of distinguished solo bass albums. The Gleaners was recorded at New York’s Avatar Studios in December 2016, and produced by Manfred Eicher.

5 Likes

Heavy!

1 Like

2 Likes

This might be the best sounding track ever via Roon on my system. Try it!
Dolphin

1 Like

DSD 64

10 Likes

(24-48)
This album, recorded in April of 2018 at The Bridge Studio in Glendale, California, was written for unique instrumentation combining woodwind sextet with string quartet and jazz rhythm section. In ‘Visionary,’ pianist and composer Daniel Szabo features an outstanding line-up of musicians and such as Peter Erskine, Sara Andon, Bob Sheppard, Kim Richmond and Edwin Livingston. Szabo composed, arranged and orchestrated all of the pieces and played the piano. The pieces were conducted by Timothy Williams. The style of this new repertoire shows a blend of jazz, classical and film music idioms, robustly American yet genetically Hungarian.

3 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes