What we are listening to [2019]

1st listen was, its okay. A couple of good songs, some filler and a questionable Nine Inch Nails remake.

Yessss, my mate Elles… I going to see here in London next week, she is amazing live. It’s been great to see these songs develope.
Do you know the story about Light in the distance?

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Why’s that, @HWZ? I happen to like most of her stuff too. Haven’t had a chance to listen to this one, so I’m just curious :slight_smile:

7 seconds is a favourite on this album

3 Likes

Hi @Grump,

that’s really difficult to explain. Most of the songs/interpretations/arrangements on this album just don*t appeal to me. One reason is that on this particular record Youn Sun Nah sometimes sounds too much like a musical or Cabaret singer for my taste… But who knows? Maybe it’s different for you. Just give it a try…

2 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks, I definitely will, although not now, unfortunately. A firm flu causes me to experience almost all music as pure noise… :confounded:

@Rugby When this album was released, I was convinced that Marshall Crenshaw would rocket to fame. Didn’t happen. Saw him in a small concert venue some years later and he had changed to a music style that was, to my ears, horrid. Anyway, I still love this album!

Busy%20Street%20Scene

2 Likes

Joni

2 Likes

2 Likes

Following his recording of J.S. Bach’s solo cantatas for alto BWV 35 and 170 (issued by Outhere in 2009), and building on the success of that disc – still a benchmark even today – countertenor Damien Guillon has continued his work of research and interpretation, devoting his second CD to the Cantata BWV 169 for alto solo, and to the famous BWV 82 Ich habe genug; though better known in its 1727 version for bass, from 1735 onwards it was also performed by an alto voice.

3 Likes

The brilliant soprano María Cristina Kiehr, together with lutenist-vihuelist Ariel Abramovich, presents her first solo album devoted to Renaissance music. With her broad experience in sixteenth-century polyphonic repertoire (in La Colombina and Ensemble Daedelus, among others), and a project almost completely using her native language, Kiehr brings to the music of Spain’s Golden Age her own unique perspective.

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-636876783068163940

1 Like

2 Likes