What we are listening to [2020]

Released today. Long awaiting for this one.

Sunwook Kim previously recorded both concertos by Hallé/Sir Mark Elder. Very well recommended. Though the Dresden orchestra is playing even more colourfull and glowing.
The Op.118 is played beautifull and intense. I hope he also record Op. 117/119 anytime soon.

Hansjörg Albrecht will record all Bruckner symphonies chronological in organ transcriptions on Bruckner’s own organ in the Stiftskirche Sankt Florian in Linz. Can’t wait to hear them all.

7 Likes

The Durutti Column
LC (1981)

Whilst perhaps not as engaging as the first release, much still has the hallmarks of Manchurian post-punk and one of the original bands signed to Factory; typically without the intensity that came with much of the music of that era. By contrast, this feels arcadian
& a breath of fresh air!

LC

2 Likes

8 Likes

The Moravian folksongs album looks intriguing but I’m struggling to find it on a streaming service. Am guessing you own it?

10 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-637365728359021262

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-637365833249316581

3 Likes

@Chrislayeruk Is it an MQA? :wink:
Wonderful piece of music, good sound recording and great music performance! :+1:

Another one…

RoonShareImage-637365868566267910

6 Likes

I don’t think I will ever tire of hearing Hope sing, she is just so enchanting, shame she’s not as prolific at getting albums out as other artists but always worth it when they arrive. Wether she’s here with Colm Cíosóig or when she was with David Roback she just carries you away to another place and her voice is timeless.

https://i.imgur.com/OAIH6vo.png

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-637365874233212072

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I agree with 5 stars.

6 Likes

Blind Willie Johnson
The Complete 1927-30 (1993)

Willie Johnson

Motherless Children Have A Hard Time

…A wife or a husband may be good to you, but, better than nothing has proved untrue
Nobody treats you like mother will when, when mother is dead, Lord Lord, Lord, Lord
Yeah, well, ah
Well, some people say that sister will do, when mother is dead
That sister will do when mother’s dead…

7 Likes

Better than the review suggests.

2 Likes