What we are listening to [2020]

Already available on Tidal! Thanks Stéphane!

This too was releases today:

2 Likes

3 Likes

One of the greatest albums ever made. Tim Renwick’s guitar playing is masterful.

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637414909953335210

4 Likes

@Andreas_Philipp1 These are not the same sessions…

Yours is: Frank Leal - alto saxophone (1-6) Ernie Chavez - tenor saxophone (1-5) Modesto Briseño - tenor saxophone Joe Castro - piano Fred Dutton - bass Tom Reynolds - drums Dent Hand - trumpet (6) Ann Richards - vocals (9-12)

Joe Castro’s San Jose’s Mojo is a bonus recording to the boxed set “Passion Flower - For Doris Duke” (Sunnyside SSC 1393) that is available digitally. The release features a number of loose but entertaining jam sessions held at Falcon Lair with former members of the San Jose based Allyn Ferguson’s Chamber Jazz Sextet, which had broken up after touring with poet Kenneth Patchen. Vocalist Ann Richards (Stan Kenton’s wife) can be heard to colorful effect on four tracks.

All about Joseph Armand Castro (1927-1966)

Now I am confused… It’s clear that San José’s Mojo is not the same material as on the 6-CD set Passion Flower… But I can confirm that this newly released 6-CD set is also available on Tidal. 2015’s 8-CD set Lush Life is not available on Tidal…

This is the type of piano Jazz that was at one time rather popular here in Latin America… I must have one or two vinyl records by Joe Castro… but it’s all boxed up and I don’t hace access at the moment…

:+1:
It’s me who’s confused… :smirk: :sunglasses:

These writings and record reissues were made possible thanks to Daniel Richard, a french man, passionate and great connoisseur of music.

1 Like

2 Likes

new wonderful album from one of my favourite jazz musicians out now

you can hear a song here

7 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

Had tickets to see Helloween in late October but concert was, of course, cancelled. Hopefully they can continue tour next year…

I got this (and Keeper I) on cassette and it has been one of the most important albums for me ever since. And no, I do not agree with 3 star rating :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks for this recommendation! I just listened to his 2011 album On the Go, and what a wonderful album it is!

5 Likes

For yogi :sunglasses:

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637415070714766986

5 Likes

hmmmm? yogi? do i have to know the man? :slight_smile:

now that are Halsall fans here, i have to remember to the free downloadable
Matthew Halsall and Nat Birchall - Modal Gondwana

downloadbutton - right click - save as…
just mp3 but music is good

2 Likes

418aBJpUxtL

5 Likes

Just finished listening to this. It’s taken months to listen to all 19 CDs. I think the idea of the left and right violin positioning works well. Thanks to @Andreas_Philipp1 for the recommendation.

6 Likes