What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

Well it took some searching but Discogs came up trumps with a seller for this on CD cost more than I would like but needs must. No idea where my vinyl copy went.

https://i.imgur.com/eaqXUU9.png

4 Likes

IMG_0177

1 Like

3 Likes

The 2nd album is my favourite.

1 Like

Mine to.

Anyway for the rest of this week I will be going back through the Sarah Records back catalogue, looks like plenty available on Qobuz. Shame Roon won’t allow me to search for them easily though.

2 Likes

Check out Ensemble Klang everybody. :slight_smile: This music by Peter Adriaansz is so great, subtle and full of detail. I also love their CD of Oscar Bettison’s “O Death”.

Oh,the “pop/rock” label is about as far off as you can get. But you had probably guessed that.

RoonShareImage-637485845286226390

4 Likes

Some interesting additional tracks on this.

3 Likes

Here the fun is in the interpretation of the two quartets by composers from Norway and, of course, the superb recording quality by the 2L label. This on Tidal is only available as MQA 352.8 kHz, but even so the sound is wonderful…

7 Likes

Came to this thread today for some common sense. Was not disappointed. :slight_smile:

By the way, enjoying Roon on my iPad in landscape mode now! Finally. Works pretty well!

6 Likes

True. The last thread on this forum that is bearable. Thanks.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Nice teaser…

1 Like

4 Likes

And so it begins the first of 9 compilations of Singles released on Sarah Records that appear not on the band’s included albums. Each one designed to listen to on a certain bus route around Bristol the home of Sarah Records. Small thing like this is what makes some of the UK’s idiosyncratic labels more important. Shame they died like all the good ones from the eighties. RiP.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637485935075090890

3 Likes

No 2.

Continuing my Tindersticks odyssey and have reached 2016. This one is really good.

RoonShareImage-637485919183290379

I’m really appreciating the new Android UI. Much easier to see. It’s opening up those tired eyes!!!

5 Likes

This just never gets old and still sounds fresh

(still just as sleezy as it always was though)

3 Likes