What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

In honor of Lully
https://i.imgur.com/MThevQq.png

4 Likes

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-637519405549490000

At the same time Iā€™m rewiring and cleaning my server room.

3 Likes

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637519435625482550

3 Likes

2 Likes

The Spanish label Glossa does a fantastic job, both in musical as in cover design aestheticsā€¦ Other than that, I really like Fabio Bonizzoni and his ensemble La Risonanza. Their Lully album is fabulousā€¦

7 Likes

3 Likes

Always exciting when a new complete recording of Ligetiā€™s Piano Etudes is coming out. They are clearly some of the finest Etudes written in the second half of the 20th century and it takes super-virtuoso skills to execute them convincingly.

I very much like Danny Drivers new recording on Hyperion. He may not beat Aimardā€™s classic set, but he is getting very close, which says something.

Do I have a wish? Oh yes, Yuja Wang recorded three of these Etudes for her 2018 Berlin Recital and they are quite simply mind-bogling. So Yuja, please sit down and study them all for a future release :blush:

6 Likes

1 Like

7 Likes

7 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes

Finally got around to listening to the Korngold piece. I do enjoy it and maybe knowing of his film scores influences me but I can hear score-like aspects in the work. Itā€™s a keeper for sure. Thanks for the intro.

2 Likes

Mrs. R is out and about this morning, so itā€™s just me and Herr Mozart. Excellent renditions of these wonderful pieces.

5 Likes

ā€¦should be required listening once a month!

RoonShareImage-637519527600358420

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes