What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

3 Likes

This was suggested by @Andreas_Philipp1 some time ago, just getting around to listening - very nice indeed.

3 Likes

You sure it was me who posted this? Didn’t even have this album in my library… I suspect it might have been another of our good friends here…

1 Like

Possibly it was, sorry to have mis-represented you! I’m sure the culprit will own up :grinning:. Too many good recommendations and not nearly enough listening time.

1 Like

11 Likes

9 Likes

RoonShareImage-637519164835242950 RoonShareImage-637519324280130040

3 Likes

Playing this is a right of passage for any new kit. Giving the new Chord Poly a workout…

8 Likes

1 Like

Had it teed up - I agree, an excellent effort probably better than NFR! at first listen.

7 Likes

Icelandish black metal.

2 Likes

Volcanic?..

I believe it was @wkimbel87 . I’m going to start tagging user names to recommendations that I add to my library. There are so many it’s difficult to keep up. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

From the liner notes:

“Die Noten, die Saiten, die liebliche Music-Thonen geben mir meine Verrichtungen, und
da ich die Französische Art der Teutscher und Welscher einmenge, keinen Krieg anstiffte,
sondern vielleicht derer Völker erwünschter Zusammenstimmung den lieben Frieden
etwann vorspiele.”

“The notes, the strings, the sweet sounds of music give my life a sense of fulfilment, all the more
because I mingle the French style with the German and Italian, without inciting a war; but rather
holding up a mirror to the longed-for harmony and dear peace which these peoples so greatly desire.”
(Georg Muffat)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yes! Read that last night on Holland Baroque’s website and, can you believe me, today I couldn’t remember where I had found that citation…

Beautiful sentiment, this must have been a remarkable man. Thank you so much for adding to the character of Muffat!!

1 Like

1 Like

7 Likes

I hadn’t heard of these even, listening to your implied recommendation now:

Edit: Am fare enough through now to say that I’ve really enjoyed them. I notice that the Danny Driver set is a pretty reasonably priced download. Thank @bbrip, very enjoyable and will be purchasing a set or two.

7 Likes