What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

I think this is my favourite rock release of 2020

5 Likes

I’ve listened to the new LDR album but she just doesn’t do it for me. I can’t quite put my finger on the reason why. It was the same with her previous album. :frowning_face:

I wouldn’t worry about it. She just hits all the right spots for me with a little lynch every now and then.

Anyway back to another very strong female singer. Not listened to Paramore but I love her solo stuff very much.

4 Likes

Such a great album!

1 Like

Thought I would jump on the Muffat bandwagon!

8 Likes

2 Likes

Charlie and Laura’s break up album, not played this in ages. Will have to queue I up after Hayley.

1 Like

I gave that a whirl last night Daniel and was pleasantly surprised!

But if we are talking female singers surely Lzzy Hale has to be a strong contender although much more hard rock than any previously mentioned.

1 Like

You want some power pop? REGARD

7 Likes

Fantastic album. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Kevin
So I was going to add a list of all the female led metal groups that Peter has posted. (I have most of them in my library now), but I remembered that Simon is not into Metal at all so I deleted that part.

Starting to be a large part of my Tidal collection

Gotcha!

Yay, if we include all of the outstanding symphonic rock/metal bands with female leads we might be here all night!
:grin::grin:

1 Like

7 Likes

11 Likes

I’ve posted this a few times over the last few years. I keep coming back to it. Wonderfully melodic compositions and top class playing.

Recorded in 1978 but has good sound. Highly recommended.

7 Likes

4 Likes

I have today spend some time with Toru Takemitsu‘s Piano music. I‘ve frequently listened to his orchestral and chamber works but for some reason never to his fairly limited piano output. While small in quantity (it easily fits on one CD), there are some real treasures here.

I listened to Paul Crossley and Noriko Ogawa‘s set and they are both wonderful. Very beautiful and quite accessible music.

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-637520248461340580 RoonShareImage-637520248741406800

4 Likes

9 Likes