What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

I bought 16-bit FLAC from 7Digital, fyi.

8 Likes

Last.fm knows me well (ok I tell it a lot about my listening habits) and I don’t think I have posted this in the last 2 months.
Great guitar riffs and well worth a listen to anyone that likes a bit of heavier Rock, that hasn’t already been won over.
Easily my most listened to album of 2020

8 Likes

I sprung for this on vinyl when it came out, the sq is spectacular!

Well I wouldn’t be able to play it but I did buy it on 24/96 a while ago for headphone listening and the quality of the recording is great

I liked the photos of your set-up you posted yesterday. Very nice :+1:t2::grin:

1 Like

4 Likes

I need to tidy it up a bit tbh.
The wiring around back is a regular rats nest, some of the ocd posters here would be frothing at the mouth if they saw it​:joy::joy:.
Going to build one wider rack instead of the two narrow racks using right now.
But I appreciate the kind words sir!

1 Like

No one should look behind the rack and maybe it should be cleaned Once a year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I wish I had space for vinyl, as I have boxes in the attic. I need to extend the house with a listening room and a cinema Room (or move but I like my house) :grin:

1 Like

And onwards…
Classic stadium rock…

And yes I have a massive cassette collection too, about 700+ last time I checked

5 Likes

Absolute classic indeed, I have that on cassette but not listened on cassette since the early 90s.
Like most of my good cassettes they were purchased on CD.

Might have to add this to the queue for later, as down to about 2 hours of music left.

1 Like

You can see my Nakamichi ZX7 deck under the Lumin T2 on first rack.
It was fully restored by a master ex Nak tech here in the USA about 18 months ago.
It’s amazing what sq they could pull out of that tiny tape cross section!

1 Like

5 Likes

I saw them live before the split. An unforgettable experience. Very atmospheric.

4 Likes

Nice to finally play this in Roon. 4th listen, what can I say I have a school boy crush. :relaxed::blush:

7 Likes

Recently re-released on Tudor, this album in its first incarnation was released in 2006 on Capriccio… It’s lively Concerto grosso music… agreeable enough, without being extraordinary… This is the kind of music I can have going when it’s impossible to concentrate fully on it…

7 Likes

Simon I have to say when I first listened to Ultraviolence in 2014 I was like Wow, and went back and have bought everything since. She and Fiona Apple are both like that in my library as even if you don’t like every song, there is so much of good and interesting music there (Agnes Obel and Alice Phoebe Lou both fit that category as well for me, though I have a very high hit rate with both of them)

Indeed Video games did it for me hooked after that. Same with Angel Olsen for me as well. I have bought all of LDR some twice as I only had iTunes AAC versions.

The girls a taking over in my collection over the last two years. They are going from stength to strength from a songwriter point of view.

1 Like

Recommended to play at max volume +1…

7 Likes

Yes I would say my top 20 lists (as per last.fml) has way more ladies than that from 5 or 6 years ago and getting a lot more listens.
It can only be a good thing

1 Like

Indeed. Last year all but one of my top ten where female solo artists the last one being an all female band.

1 Like