What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

I’ll have to do it slowly, at small doses… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

4 Likes

If you haven’t listened to this young musician’s expressive and poetic playing, you should…

9 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

@Andreas_Philipp1 recommended this. Good stuff.

4 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

2 Likes

Wasn’t sure what to expect of this and the genres nearly put me off. Thankfully they didn’t :slight_smile:

3 Likes

6 Likes

I need to listen to that one. I quite like Escaich‘s organ music.

1 Like

More beautiful Renaissance choral music, this time of Jacobus Gallus (aka Jakob Handl), performed by the Huelgas Ensemble led by Paul van Nevel. The sources for this group’s inspiration seem to be unlimited!

Although I don’t (indeed, can’t) “hear” this music in the devotional context for which it was written, I find that it refreshes the spirit, which is enough for me…

RoonShareImage-637526230496805320

6 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying listening to Björk over the past few days. This one’s playing tonight.

RoonShareImage-637526496426372720

6 Likes

I have written extensively about Stefano Battaglia, Italian jazz/avantgarde composer and piano player.

Last year I came across his duo album with vocalist Elsa Martin. Lovely, but not radical.

In August 2020 they released this more radical album:

It’s terrific. Both of them are listed as composers, quite bold of Martin to engage with Battaglia on his turf. And singing both sweet and complicated.

Strongly recommended.

7 Likes

Very Good!

2 Likes