What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637526294221782320

1 Like

5 Likes

2 Likes

Did I miss the subwoofer review? I hope you are enjoying it.

4 Likes

You either love this band…or you don’t, there is no middle ground.

1 Like

7 Likes

Very good album to chillout with Rockhound. And the SQ provides an excellent soundstage as suggested. Appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Favorite track imo…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=po8RkoqnmdA

1 Like

Some Canadian Rock for you…

3 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Have been listening to the tracks from DG’s PROJECT XII series some. If you’ve not seen it, they release one modern composition/performance a month as a 12" single, these are available as individual tracks on Qobuz. At the end of the year they produce a vinyl album that brings the 12 together for the year. I’ve even gone to the bother of creating playlists and tags to allow me to listen to the individual albums. While that’s probably not unusual for many of you, it’s unheard of for me :wink:
This is from the 2019 collection:

This Apple Music playlist is as good a place to find all the releases as any, three of the 2021 releases are available now.

Definitely worth a listen

4 Likes

There are just some types of music that I’m not up with the descriptive lingo, so I tag this under Chanson. Well, technically this music can’t be as it’s Italian music. I love a lot of chanson & to my ears, this has a great deal of similarity, albeit decidedly Italian. I own his first 7 albums & they are all solid. He’s got a distinctive husky voice. However, I think as his first this is a great starting place.

Perhaps, it’s best described as a dimply light bar, late at night/early hours of the morning, the conversation is good & the night is still young or is it time to have one last drink and bid adie to the mysterious lady.

The recording is lovely as a side note! :smiley:

Testa’s sound draws on influences that include folk, jazz, bossa nova, tango, and rock, yet a consistent element of almost hypnotic rhythm characterizes nearly every one of his songs. Either through the cadence of Testa’s own poetry, which uses simple language to tell nuanced stories of love and everyday life, or through the backbeat that Testa and his musicians create, each song transports the scenes depicted in Testa’s sultry Italian into something accessible to all listeners. (Scot Kaposinsky)

Gianmaria Testa
Extra-Muros (1996)

Gianmaria Testa

2 Likes

Last one of these, from the 2021 set. There’s only three so far this year.
https://i.imgur.com/XLe3lsI.png

If folk are interested I’ve put together some play lists and information here:

6 Likes

Morning coffee and White Denim.

RoonShareImage-637527001067389538

1 Like

and this track is my favourite:

4 Likes

What wkimbel87 & StopMakingSense said . It’s great to hear what others are listening to . Seems to be a pretty broad church in here , so post away .

3 Likes

Such a good song !!

1 Like