What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

5 Likes

Local library only today as whatever integrates Roon and Qobuz is FUBAR here today. Sums up my feelings about Qobuz currently:

And personal frustration levels:

5 Likes

I had it on vinyl from the original release. Certainly a guilty pleasure, but there is so much quality there - and Phil Lynott!

1 Like

Better, :star:

1 Like

Absolutely, my Dad bought the gatefold LP with book on release, beautiful. Iā€™m proud to say Iā€™ve passed the love on to my two kids, now adults, as well.

2 Likes

7 Likes

@killdozer Qobuz fine for me here in Worcsā€¦U.K.

4 Likes

I am not enamoured by Qobuz reliability as a service nor there lack of discovery options and Roon radio integration. I really miss Tidals service overall. Shame I donā€™t miss their sound quality though as it had changed for the worse.

1 Like

5 Likes

Bought this on release ,still got the L.P. great album.

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637470818155425030

8 Likes

Japan were fantastic after there dodgy start and one of my favourite acts from this era. Shame they never did more albums. Followed Sullivanā€™s solo and collaborations as well.

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s really a luck to get this LP. :slightly_smiling_face:

Itā€™s true - I still have the gatefold album. I canā€™t recall playing it in some 25+ years!

I clearly remember as a young kid thinking it was so ā€˜spaceyā€™.

1 Like

1976 pressing bought in 1976

Freely available at the time, only played on a Linn L.P.12 or SME 20/2 so still plays perfectly.

3 Likes

Roon ā€˜discoveredā€™ this for me this afternoon, I may have only played it a cpl times in almost 20 years.

Itā€™s not bad - 2.5 stars seems a bit harsh (cā€™mon letā€™s give an extra I/2 a star). Itā€™s sort of like an early Mark Lanegan solo release (not Screaming Trees) without his strong vocals.

Murder By Death
Who Will Survive, and What Will Be Left of Them (2003)

Murder

if you are a rock/metal lover, you absolutely must listen to this one

Was listening to her on Friday at work, cannot remember how I got to it on qobuz.
Good one though.

Anyway, Iā€™m mentally unstable I guessā€¦ I go from heavy metal toā€¦

1 Like