What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

7 Likes

That’s the 1 Carl…hope you enjoyed it. :sunglasses: :smile:

1 Like

I saw the Cure in either 80 or 81 @ what was then called the Seaview/Crystal Ballroom. It was the iconic ‘alternative’ venue of its time as iconic as any of the famous names in England or the US. It’s still there, but reconverted to a hotel. As per its name, it was a famous ballroom of the 30’s-40’s, that had long been in need of repair. However, for bands with its sweeping staircase with 2 ‘main’ stages (upstairs was the biggest stage), it held just about every ‘alternative’ band of the era.

When international bands weren’t touring it would be the place to go and see Nick Cave, The Saints, The Go Betweens etc. Such an amazing venue.

I won’t forget that gig mostly due to standing right next to the Marshall (?) stacks front left and one of the 3 other mates, lamented for the following week that his ears ached (due to the volume). :laughing:

2 Likes

Definitely. I’m not sure when I came across her, but I really enjoyed the singles that she released prior to the album.

3 fantastic albums.

1 Like

I always like mid to late January as the new releases start to flow again.

1 Like

Thank you Andreas, I started listening last night but it was was too late.

1 Like

1 Like

Sorry, this one was released in 2014 not in 2001… and recorded 18 Dec 2011

RoonShareImage-637476021916449537

3 Likes

Thank You Andreas, I always enjoy to find something innovative.

1 Like

I can always make time for The Decemberists
And a hidden gem from the early 80s

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-637476037227894863

5 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I had completely forgotten how much samplings of clips from films was in this old album

3 Likes

4 Likes

Somewhere in the deep of my library. Listening to it the first time since about ten years…

EDIT: Fascinating Brazilian guitar player and songwriter

1 Like