What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

A truely underappreciated genius of the late 70s and 80s. Wrote some great songs and performed in at least 3 band’s for which l bought album’s.

Could be time for someone to re-record some Terry Hall songs for the 2020s

3 Likes

4 Likes

I’m playing a CD (on my Meridian 596) that we received early after a crowdfund. I cannot say who it is or what it’s called until the official release but it’s great they trusted us to keep the secret… Still, it’s all great Music…

2 Likes

Without doubt this 2-CD release is the most exciting and most joyous rendering of Bach’s famous Brandenburg Concertos ever recorded. The instrumentation choices made, the positioning of the soloists, the ensemble playing… all work together and contribute to one great rendition. The sound recording and mastering are altogether wonderful, and if you haven’t listened to I Barocchisti with Diego Fasolis at their head and at the clavichord, you definitely should.

Concertos 1-4 on CD 1; 5-6 + Triple Concerto on CD 2

9 Likes

2 Likes

Heading back to the early 80s again, before moving onto 2021

4 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

All good; my favourite is the Reflexões No. 6 by Zenamon.

2 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

The only thing you can say is Meridian mentioning. Great job!

4 Likes

The good old organ is the musical instrument of the year 2021. Here is a recommendation available on highresaudio.com.

Great recording, big church, huge reverb and spaciousness, the organ has just been completely revised, practically rebuilt. 24/192. Unfortunately not yet available on Qobuz or Tidal for streaming.

I bought an downloaded the record and I did not regret it.

1 Like

It’s the first CD i have played in ages, through my 518 processor as well, and I have to say, it sounded mighty fine. Those Meridian guys know a thing or two about digital audio and getting the best from it.
For the rest of the day SWMBO (off her own bat) selected artists and shuffle for a truly random and interesting musical journey. We will definitely be doing this again…

Baroque Guitar, Theorbo, Oud + Rhythm, lively rhythm, joyous music, dance music…

Enrike Solinís together with his ensemble from the Basque Country should be more widely heard and known.

6 Likes

As currently being discussed in the "Metal Music discussion thread below. Not for everyone I know.

2 Likes

This track gets my spine tingling…

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-637476232059059240

Bombastic!

2 Likes