What We Are Listening To [2021-06]

Quite this discovery from Bandcamp, album out July.

2 Likes

12 Likes

I might have to reverse that orderā€¦lol.
Even though my Abraxas is a spendy Mofi album, Moonflower is just so special to myself.

Think it was @Michael_Harris who posted this and I only just got round to listening to it, pretty tasty tbh!

1 Like

i opened my first thread (tadaaa) cause i like the idea of seeing some concert tickets of us music lovers here.

here is a small advertisement for my thread :wink:
maybe someone likes the idea

3 Likes

I think itā€™s a great idea, pity I never ever thought to keep any of the ticket stubs from the multitude of concerts I visited over the years.
And most of the concert T,s I bought I have either worn out or grown out of( say no more on that one!).

1 Like

Moving right along to some Ry Cooder.

5 Likes

yes, its a mysterium that concert t-shirts get smaller and smaller over the yearsā€¦
I only fit those who have had a long tour :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Good idea, put one of mine up on it.

1 Like

They shrank in the wash :wink::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Not kept any ticket stubs not really a hoarder of care for memorabilia. But I did order this CD of the Pixies of the night I saw them on their first reunion tour. Was a great night never opened the CD for fear it might not have been as great as I remembered. Still in its cellophane wrapper.

3 Likes

i saw the Reunion Pixies 2 years ago in Luxembourg and the original Lineup with Kim Deal in the early ninetees on a festival, between Midnight Oil (not a fan) and David Bowie

1 Like

ā€¦appeals to the fictional Canadian in me.

8 Likes

I saw them in the US that Spring, Summer, Fall. Never had anything but the ugly you paid ticketmaster a premium for the privilege blue stub. Found a taper ticket in a bathroom in 95, he turned out to be cool. Shock right? I gave him back his stub once I passed in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ā€¦feeling nostalgic:

B00JRBGIRW

27 Likes

After just seeing him on the Whispering Bobcast (Bob Harris) I thought to give this a spinā€¦

It was great to hear new music from Elles Bailly with Tom Dibb and Mark Lewis on the same showā€¦

7 Likes

Time for some quiet time while I read a long technical article. This will do the trick nicely

12 Likes

Thatā€™s what I tell the wife but she donā€™t believe mešŸ˜‰

8 Likes

Gave it a listen and enjoyed. Now looking forward to the album. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like