Show us your concert tickets

Inspired by the “what we listening in June” thread, i got the idea to let us show some concert tickets.
Concerts are very nice memories for most of us, so why not show us a few tickets.
Thats stupid, but some music enthusiasts (like me) could like it. :grin:

There is no need for big explanations or reviews of the concerts.

I would find it exciting to see a few of them.

I’ll start with this one

i saw him 2 times that year, one time after the Pixies on a festival

10 Likes

Flyer, concert ticket and single sided 12" 45rpm white label of Amy Winehouse .

Sadly the only one I kept because I got the single and put the stub in the sleeve with it.
Small venue , stage was about 4/5 inches high, I was stood at about my arm span away from her for the set.
This was before she set off on a spiral of substance abuse.

She was tiny.

5 Likes

good idea! Saw the band below north of 200 times…

Imgur

5 Likes

I saw the dead on their last europe tour in frankfurt, with Bruce Hornsby on keyboards

4 Likes

very nice - i didn’t see attend any of those shows, but have listened to them often - the addition of Hornsby gave the band a boost of energy they hadn’t seen in years - love the Valley Road from that night…

3 Likes

Tom great Idea, but I haven’t kept a ticket stub in year’s (but wish I had now)

Just found a load of Wales Football and Rugby tickets going back 20 years of so but no concert tickets

3 Likes

Hell froze over in 1994

3 Likes

Send us an audiofile of you singing football songs after the third beer, that counts :crazy_face:

I lost a lot tickets too, but still have many

1 Like

Those old concert tickets spark things in your mind that you haven’t thought about in many years and they will always make you smile.

3 Likes

Glad you like the thread idea :slightly_smiling_face:
I saw Pink Floyd short after your ticket in Praque Czech Republik. Lost my ticket over the time.
It was a gigantic stadium and Vaclav Havel was sitting a few meters behind me

Your brush with greatness and he is a Pink Floyd fan! Hope that memory made you smile, haha!

1 Like

Great idea. Inspired me to dig around. Many gaps in my stub collection and my memory. But I found a pretty good pile and will be scanning them in.

Edit: Here’s the list that I can remember. Don’t have stubs for most of them (many were pay cash at the door and get your hand stamped).

Al Hirt and Pete Fountain, Sam the Sham and the Pharos, Tommy James and the Shondells, Humble Pie, Small Faces, Cactus, Uriah Heep, Dreams, Lovin’ Spoonfull, Flo and Eddie (of the Turtles), Herman and the Hermits, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, ZZ Top, Jethro Tull, Johnny Winter And (with Rick Derringer), Edgar Winter’s White Trash, Leon Russell, Edgar Winter and Leon Russell, Dr. John, The Allman Bros. Band, Derek Trucks, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Dickey Betts, Widespread Panic, Eric Clapton, Dixie Dregs, The Neville Bros., Buddy Miller, Clifford Curry, Steve Winwood, Elvin Bishop, Atlanta Rhythm Section, John Hartford, Leon Redbone, The Blind Boys of Alabama, The Temptations, Ray Charles, Natalie Cole, Ike and Tina Turner, Tina Turner, Chris Isaak, B.B. King, Big Daddy Kinsey and the Kinsey Report, Roberta Flack, The Nighthawks, Jimmy Thackery, Marcia Ball, Tinsley Ellis, Floyd Miles, Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band, Hiroshima, Maynard Ferguson, Rita Coolidge, Stanley Clarke, Jeff Lorber Fusion, George Benson, Marty Stewart, Emmy Lou Harris, Ricky Skaggs, Earl Scruggs, Merle Haggard, Dave Brubeck, Alison Krauss, Bonnie Raitt, Joe Diffie, Lucinda Williams, Dick Dale, Steve Earle, Stevie Wonder, Sheryl Crowe, Michael McDonald, Will i Am, George Jones, Bob Dylan, James Taylor, The Preservation Hall Jazz Band, John Scofield, Wynton Marsalis, Romeo/Stranger, Robinella and the CC String Band, Sons of Phere, Teenage Love, R.B. Morris, Crosby Stills and Nash, Neil Young, The Black Keys, Alabama Shakes, Grace Potter Robert Plant, Morris Day and the Time,Vintage Trouble, Chicago, The Rolling Stones, Santana, and… lots of others that I can’t remember so I give up.

2 Likes

Was meant to be their last gig but a Sunday show was added.

.sjb

4 Likes

i remember that as a very funny concert

3 Likes

as a big fan, i saw Lou Reed 3 times.
first as opening act for U2 on the Joshua Tree Tour, then in a classic venue together with Bob Neuwith where he played the complete “magic and loss” concept album, a magic evening.
And then the concert from this ticket.
A open Air in front of the pretty Dresden skyline where i arrived to early and stood therefore directly in the first line 2 meter in front of Lou. that was a special concert for me, and now i can also say, Lou Reed shaked my hand, haha

2 Likes

5 Likes

wow, YES 1977 is a dream :smiley:
YES is a favourite since i was 15

i was too young 77 :wink: but i saw them later here

3 Likes

Did you all have to write in to get such tickets or are they just more creative in Europe? I keep looking at mine and seeing the standard blue and white with the name printed on it. Pretty boring.

Glastonbury 2010, so quite a few acts over the days

4 Likes

agree - the European ticket art is impressive … The ushers also seem to pay attention to the tear… Looking at my bag of stubs, many are just torn in half…

…keeping with the Floyd and Lou Reed theme…

Imgur

5 Likes