Show us your concert tickets

5 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

seems the german tickets in the 90 were a bit more pretty than us tickets.
Today, we get mostly simple tickets too here, or online Tickets to print.

here is another one from Frankfurt

2 Likes

Rymden
Fantastic Jazz in the Philharmonie Luxemburg

Rymden is
Bugge Wesseltoft
Dan Berglund (ex Esbjörn-Svensson-Trio)
Magnus Öström (ex Esbjörn-Svensson-Trio)

2 Likes

Amazing show

3 Likes

Belle Vue is (sorry was) a zoo, the venue was a circus venue really, the first strains of raw power and it “rained” pigeon s**t UGH …

A night to remember Dec 1971

5 Likes

this was a good concert too
most curious aspect was, that Robert Plant played as opening act for Lenny.
Both gigs were very good, but i got real goosebumbs when Plant sung “Whole lotta love” :grinning:

2 Likes

another good vibe concert :slight_smile:

3 Likes

as a big fan my whole life, i saw Neil Young 4 times
here is my Neil Concert history :wink:

first one had the Band “James” and “the 4 non blondes” as support, a nice open air evening at a castel in germany
Band was Booker T. & the MG´s

the second was in Praque, czech republic in a small venue with maximum 5000 people
it was the “Mirror Ball” tour and Neils band was a unknown band from america called PEARL JAM :wink:

third time was a open air in Leipzig with Alanis Morissette and BECK before Neil.

last time i saw Neil was in Luxemburg, he played with Crazy Horse there

3 Likes

I found this stash of old tix in a box I sorted during COVID stay-at-home. Fun times!

2 Likes

this was my first big concert, a 2 day open air at the Nürburgring
Top Act was FOREIGNER and SAGA (yes, long ago :wink: )
U2 played there too at the afternoon as a relativ unknown band.
Line Up i remember was:
Foreigner, Saga, Joe Cocker, Marillion, Gianna Nannini, Chris de Burgh (uurgh), Marius Müller-Westernhagen, The Alarm, Rick Springfield, REO Speedwagon, Huey Lewis, Shakatak, Mink DeVille, Lone Justice, Night Ranger, Immaculate Fools and others

It was the first “Rock am Ring” fetival in a long row and the Rolling Stone said later it was one of the 60 most important concerts in history (in their list) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tom I am starting to think you only started this thread to show us all the wonderful concert’s you have been too.

(That and rubbing in on our US based friends how boring their tickets are :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

yes, for me its fun to think about this concerts again by viewing the tickets.
my newer tickets are more in the Jazz direction and look more boring as the colourfull 90s tickets.
everywhere only profit maximization these days :wink:

so time to present one of a legendary us based band, it was a small concert at a local bar here.

Get Ready!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ngwmf4Sz84

3 Likes

I’m beginning to think Tom and I have similar taste in music…:slight_smile:
My Neil Young’s and related. I’m certainly missing a few here…

Imgur

LKJ: feel so fortunate to have seen him…

Imgur

4 Likes

I attended a couple -><- years of The Bridge School Benefits. Best show of the year. Shame it had to be held to get kids the help they need.

2 Likes

Wow Peter, impressing collection :slight_smile:
Think we could buy ticket in doublepack :wink:

Here in europe, we have had to use every possibility there was, to see our music heros from other continents :slight_smile:
therefore today i have good Jazz concerts here from mostly nordic artists. (much ACT artists)

LKJ was real fun and i do listen to him from time to time still, “Inglan isa bitch” :wink:
I never had a chance to see Gill-Scott Heron or Crosby Still Nash & Young

But Michael was right, Us tickets are a kind of ugly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I, am kind of ugly.
US concert tickets make me look stunning.

1 Like

i saw that in your avatar, but did not want to bring it to the table :shushing_face:

1 Like

The Bridge Shows were really fun - having to play acoustic made everyone just a little bit vulnerable… One of my fondest memories of those was Metallica doing an acoustic version of Skynyrd’s Tuesday’s Gone - that was a wow moment…

1 Like