Show us your concert tickets

I saw so many amazing sets.
Metallica acoustic, always good.
NIN with a string arrangement. Kicked massive booty.
Brian Wilsons inability to unplug then played the LOUDEST show I’ve ever been at. for an acoustic set. . .
Young, Stills and Young, C,S,N & Y.
Robin Williams and Santana just stopping in.
Yeah spoiled.

1 Like

Imgur

1 Like

same here, my last concert was in october 2020 and was more of an exception, before there was no concert for long time too.
It was Jazz with the Tingvall Trio. A jazz trio. Saw them a few times.
You had to wear mask by leaving the place, but i was happy to have a good concert again. Shortly after that, we had “the tird wave” here and everything was closed down again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNFyvWlJ-sE

Today i am presenting the ticket of a band, that has named itself after me, because of my extremely intellectual, rhetorically impeccable contributions to the forum. :rofl:

One of my favourite all-timers, the Cinematic Orchestra

I saw them in the wonderful Philharmonie in Luxemburg.

2 Likes

another special concert in the Luxemburg Philharmonie (in smaller chamber music venue) was this

a few friends of me are Jazz fans since i took them with me to this concert :slight_smile:
they wanted to play in may again, but sadly it was postponed second time.

https://i.imgur.com/NRW27ue.png

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve been to the Rotterdam show of that tour. Donovan was was booed for some reason. I found the audience embarrassing, not Donovan :wink:

1 Like

i have seen Nils Landgren often with a lot different combos, i like the man, he is a funny nice guy and a wonderful musician.

here with Michael Wollny & Wolfgang Haffner

this was a double concert with Lars Danielsson on bass with Landgren and Tim Lefebvre (who played the bass on Bowies Blackstar too) with Wollny

or here with Jan Lundgren, one of my favourite piano players

Michael Wollny again, saw him on another concert with Vincent Peirani, which was super too

another festival in the 80s

5 Likes

and 26 years later at the same place at the beautiful Loreley Hill at river Rhine in germany.
A 2 day Prog Rock festival with a nice lineup

Steven Wilson
Magma
Opeth
Amplifier
The Pineapple Thief
Caravan
Änglagard
Crippled Black Phoenix
Devin Townsend

2 Likes

french Zeul/Prog Band MAGMA is a big spectacle live everytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYrHNLXwGe0

That would have been a hell of a festival with all those band’s at the peak of their creative abilities :+1:

1 Like

yes
and i remember Siouxsie could not play their biggest (cover) hit at that concert, cause Iggy played the original version from “The Passenger” :wink:
Others were good too, “51st state” from New Modell Army was one of the biggest hits of that time and a real party there :slight_smile:

1 Like

think i was on 5 or 6 Porcupine Tree Concerts and 3 Times at Steven Wilson
if you want to have a great evening, go to a Steven Wilson Concert! (if possible again hopefully)
He wanted to play in Luxemburg to present the new album, but as nearly everything it was postponed to sometime later.

here are the tickets i still have

this is one song of the concert from the third ticket :slight_smile:

The Start of something beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDZm_TPw4L4

2 Likes

last one for today (i swear :wink: )

a real 80s classic

1 Like

some more ugly US tickets:

Pearl Jam was exploding at the time, and did a free concert in Seattle, their home town. You needed a ticket to get in, but they were all free. Seattle City buses shuttled folks to Magnuson Park (our softball team played lots of games at that park) Cypress Hill opened - it was crazy -

The Peppers ticket is from their first tour NW tour - its when they played near naked, with only ‘cocks in socks’ - A factoid, it was first show I attended with my future wife - we celebrated our 31 wedding anniversary recently, and hope to get back out and seeing many more shows in the coming months.,…

Imgur

here’s a picture from the Pearl Jam show:

Imgur

8 Likes

My first Prince concerts. Sign O The Times Tour '87 and LoveSexy Tour '88.

4 Likes

Great idea :+1:
Btw. saw Bowie too a few days later.

3 Likes