Show us your concert tickets

Very impressive gigs. The only one I went to was @Ratbert the original The Wall at Earl’s Court.

Here are a load of tickets to gigs, none of which I attended as they were all cancelled by Covid. Lockdown started on 17 March 2020 and had a busy couple of weeks. The good news is that we’re back in business, but now we only get eTickets.

2 Likes

The Temtations on a Dresden summer open air, was a groovy night and they told me that their “papa was a rolling stone” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t got the tickets but fresh from university back near Manchester in 1971, a converted bowling alley turned rock venue.

I saw Yes, Stephen Stills and Genesis in the space of 14 days WOWOW them were the days, Peter Gabriel with his fox head …

Nostalgia, now for the albums :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Is an audiofile a dyslexic audiophile?

A few old ones.

8 Likes

the life of an audiophile is tough enough even without dislexia

unnamed

3 Likes

wow, thats a package :face_with_monocle:

i got a bit jealous by the old Genesis tickets (i do not like the newer Genesis much)

had no chance to see them with Peter Gabriel

2 Times i saw “The Musical Box”
its a cover Band which plays the old concerts as real as possible with music and costumes.
I do not like coverbands normaly, but a friend forced me to come with him and it was very good each time.

One time they played Selling England By The Pound, the other was The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

2 Likes

Colosseum
in a small club 1995

the signings are from Chris Farlowe and John Hiseman

Once I was young too

6 Likes

couple of ugly US tickets - jazz ones :slight_smile:
Imgur

5 Likes

…and more ugly US rock tickets:

Imgur

5 Likes

these are great! thanks for sharing those…

1 Like

when I see the ZZ Top Ticket I have to think of a story a friend told me.
He has a catering service and does the catering for many concerts and festivals in Luxembourg.
When ZZ Top were there, it was the soccer world championship. He sat in a room backstage with TV when he had some time, then ZZ Top came in and they watched a game USA (against someone …) together before the concert.
He always tells funny stories. :grinning:

1 Like

Which reminds me of the time in the 80s, when I was managing a store in midtown Memphis. Had closed up shop for the night when two long-bearded fellows banged on one of the glass doors asking if I’d let them in to purchase some goods. Not knowing who they were, and vagrants not uncommon in the neighborhood, I yelled through the glass door explaining that I could not accommodate them. And they politely went on their way.

Within seconds I was approached by one of the store clerks who exclaimed, “Do you know who you just turned away?” As you can probably surmise, it was Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill, along with an Ardent Studio rep which the clerk quickly invited back into the store. They were in town recording either the “Eliminator” or “Afterburner” album. And they were some of the most polite, humble people you’d ever want to meet.

Was fortunate enough to see them in concert years later, but unfortunately I have misplaced my collection of ticket stubs. Got a ball cap if that will suffice.

3 Likes

I found a ZZ Top stub from the 70’s. Unfortunately it was torn in half, and only “Top” was left.

I do vaguely (you know) remember the concert, though. It was very loud and very good.

I remember the Mrs. remarking, are those actual live cows up on the stage there?

I said, no, I think they are steers. And they look live to me.

3 Likes

Can’t match the quality of this thread, so I’ll try quantity…

6 Likes

live from the house of the rising sun…
Eric Burdon and John Mayall

3 Likes

Saw the WHO a couple of times - The first time in Chicago with Richie Blackmore’s Rainbow opening - a very loud evening, as I recall - fast forward about 24 years , we saw them on Maui - everyone was a little older, a little less loud - but outside, and in a magical setting - it was a fun night…Jean-Luc Ponty on Halloween was fun too!

2 Likes

Love seeing the Residents! Much better live than on record, from my point of view…

5 Likes

Residents records are no every day stuff for me too, but i can imagine that live it is very entertaining :slight_smile:
Impressing collection again Peter.