What We Are Listening To [2021-07]

The only release so far this week to engage with me.

4 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

Agreed. I gave it a couple of listens. For me, it’s okay - but not a keeper!

EDIT: Funnily enough, despite my post yesterday, this album has appeared in my “new releases for you” list!

I shall order a small slice of humble pie.

13 Likes

9 Likes

2 Likes

I think I have a La Follia addiction. Another good album.

Following up from @Andreas_Philipp1 's Four seasons recommendation. I found that really ejoyable. It had that modern Italian “Operatic” approach to dynamics at times.

9 Likes

Yes, Onofri’s two volumes of Corelli’s Opus V sonatas are great. There are also the recordings by Ottavio Dantone (Accademia Bizantina) and Lina Tur Bonet (Musica Alchemica).

I am listening to Onofri’s Bach, which also is thoroughly enjoyable. The Ciaccona is incredible

By the way, I feel that Bach’s Ciaccona from his second violin partita is profoundly spiritual music. Listening to it in the right calm mood makes me feel ‘funny’. It is as if the door to enlightenment was opened a little bit, but I am obstinate enough to never be able to squeeze through the opening
 If Bach had only ever written this short piece of music, to me he’d be always one of the greatest masters.

10 Likes

In relevant or just newest? Not had mine change at all .

It appears like this:

6 Likes

Following up on Merula’s curious little fugue ‘La Luisignola’ I rediscovered this album in my library, by a viol consort of Cologne, Germany. I guess this music was thought for viol consort, and it sounds great. It was released on Thorofon, a small German boutique label publishing classical music.

4 Likes

oldies, but 

18 Likes

2 Likes

Since the release in 1999, I’ve listened to this album hundreds of times. Playing one single song does not make it shine, you must play the entire album. Magic :slight_smile:

usually should be followed by the next album from Madrugada (released in 2001)

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-637615043574121544

11 Likes

Carseat Headrest Mix :+1:

1 Like

Nothing for me.

Really awesome! I have @ds_2 to thank for this.

3 Likes