What We Are Listening To [2021-08]

Just listened to this one the other day:

RoonShareImage-637653004357175310

8 Likes

5 Likes

This has just turned up on Qobuz despite being released a few years ago. Probably following the success of her latest album. Available on Bandcamp too.

Described on Bandcamp as “hypnotic folk”. That’s a better tag than Roon/Tivo’s infamous “Pop/Rock”

3 Likes

Qobuz must have had a sudden influx of albums that they’d been missing previously.

I’ve noticed a few albums that are already in my collection (CDs and Bandcamp) and have just appeared on Qobuz, including Big Thief’s first two albums, a couple by Low, Z by My Morning Jacket (never sure why that one wasn’t there) and the most recent albums from Still Corners.

A stunning rendition of a wonderful Jason Molina song, taken for an upcoming covers album due out next month. I can’t wait!

2 Likes

1 Like

Who knew? Bowie cover by Shawn Mullins.

Pretty good. Drums are killer.

3 Likes

4 Likes

513AH43T5KL

3 Likes

Another great random album extension pick.

NORDUB. The title says it all. Sly and Robbie with avant garde jazz trumpeter Nils Petter Molvaer.

.sjb

7 Likes

Hey Kevin, You oughta try digital files…you know when the dust is pilled too high on that vinyl… Roon is a great player for those…ya know, in case you were not aware…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You made me remember this great album… avant garde and meditative…

6 Likes

11 Likes

Roon?
Never heard of it…
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m sure I’ve seen that skirt before somewhere :thinking:

1 Like

6 Likes

Like my pension preference for passive over active I find random album works for me better than Valence, as NORDUB was followed with -

.sjb

11 Likes

Interesting mix there Roon Radio

2 Likes

6 Likes

Excellent album :+1:

2 Likes