What We Are Listening To [2021-09]

What a stellar lineup, not heard this but adding for a later listen.
Thank you!

3 Likes

Excellent album and good timing, I have the Ballad of John Henry lined up after Agnes Obel has finished.

3 Likes

I was extremely lucky to have been able to hang out with these guys after a show they played with the Elektric Band at the famous Toad’s Place on York St in New Haven. Incidentally, we had caught Rush live the night before in Hartford, and during some conversation my brother says to Weckl “hey, we just saw Rush last night and I think you blew Neil Peart away tonight”. Dave said “thanks, but I don’t think so” shaking his head and chuckling.

3 Likes

I haven’t listened to this in forever. Sounds absolutely glorious in hi-res - just an absolutely outstanding album.

18 Likes

All their albums are top notch, you will not be disappointed!

1 Like

A friend gifted me a NM copy a few days ago to replace my extremely worn record.
First time I had played it for a few years and had me captivated all over again.

1 Like

I found I had Afterglow saved in Roon but never played.
Will fix that later……

1 Like

Cheeky little EP from AlcĂ ntara.

2 Likes

These four young European chamber musicians play some classic tango from the golden age of Argentine tango production… and they do it incredibly well…

The bandoneon player Andreas Rokseth hails from Norway; the German violinist Thomas Reif in 2018 was appointed concert master of the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra; the cellist Karel Bredenhorst is from Holland and tours the world as chamber musician; and the pianist-arranger Martin Klett is winner of the 2008 International Brahms Competition.

This is their fourth release from this year on the German chamber music label CAvi; if you like tango, don’t miss this!

9 Likes

13 Likes

1 Like

Yeah, despite everything he’s achieved, Dave Weckl is one of the most modest and down-to-earth guys I’ve ever worked with. A great musician and a very nice chap, too.

The first time I met him was during this project with sax player Bill Evans and the WDR Big Band (from Cologne, Germany).

https://i.imgur.com/z5neo6y.png

4 Likes

Changing gears

3 Likes

Taking me back to my early thirties and Blink 182.
Great for jumping around with the kids and general pogoing!!!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Agreed a much needed return to form. Didn’t really gel with his more experimental stuff.

1 Like

Almost done with my Stereolab retrospective Sundays. What am I to do after that? Funny doing these comps in reverse order and going back to the more kraut rock origins.

7 Likes

Inspired from the community, a song has come to mind in so many great versions. Much to be confused similar and yet not the same. Only Love is Love.

Look here for Love

1 Like

never heard of, starts cool (krautrock in eclectronic / France

Krautrock Germany try this from 1972

4 Likes

Such a great track.

5 Likes