What We Are Listening To [2021-10]

5 Likes

I think of all the musicians and artists who love what they do and work so hard over many many years to gain the experience and professionalism to eventually perform in public. Yet so few of them make it through to actually manage to extract a living from their years of dedication and hard work. That’s what I like about our little corner of the universe called “What we are listening to” because it covers such a diverse range of genres on music, yet……so far….there is always respect from everyone who contributes to this topic and everyone who does contribute enriches the experience for everyone else. A very rare place to exist……and something that really needs to be cultivated and made stronger. Thank you to all who subscribes to this part of Roon.

7 Likes

Brian,

I could not agree with you more…Occasionally I visit Audiophile Style “Album of the Evening”, and 90+% is all classical…which I have zero interest in…Plus here it used to be just a few albums per day…now I cannot keep up with all the posts!!! Great inputs from all the Roonies!

2 Likes

1 Like

Antonio’s Latest. Can’t purchase it on Qobuz yet.

RoonShareImage-637687596078902926

2 Likes

Beatles, Beatles, also right now All things must pass George Harrison and Diana Krall

12 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Someone posted her somewhere, thanks for that!

7 Likes

13 Likes

I love Macy, but probably the single worst live show I’ve ever seen. It was the first show at the then new PacBell park, there was no soundcheck because of it being downtown San Francisco and she showed up 7 sheets to the wind.
20 years ago and I still consider it the single worst I’ve ever seen. The sound team used her set to dial it in so her following act sounded good.

1 Like

4 Likes

Another good Talk Talk cover

5 Likes

Moving on to some Moody Blues!

11 Likes

1 Like

Found this last night, giving it another listen today, really good!

8 Likes

If I remember correctly, @Andreas_Philipp1 suggested these recently - just gorgeous.

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-637687838820483260

9 Likes

2 Likes