What We Are Listening To [2021-11]

This remastered version of Then Play On sound fantastic and breathes new life into one of the albums that got me started into loving both blues and rock music.

11 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

With a new Spiritualized album out early next year I though I’d listen to this, their most recent release.

Whenever I listen to Spiritualized I can’t quite work out if I’m listening to madness or to genius. Perhaps I should accept that they are two sides of the same coin!

5 Likes

I got the instrumental from an LP. Roon presents it well.

For re-listening:

7 Likes

7 Likes

Not listened in a while, it still sounds great

15 Likes

On my radar for some time, but not properly listened to until tonight. Excellent.

RoonShareImage-637717584303390390

2 Likes

Always reminds me of Marvin the paranoid Android….oh am I showing my age?
And taste……:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

All we need now is a song referencing Ford Prefects!

2 Likes

Here you go……

3 Likes

Splendid. Next challenge - Zaphod Beeblebrox?

2 Likes

Oh bloody hell!…….
Next……

Can’t believe someone actually called a song that……
Have to be Douglas Adams geeks

3 Likes

True magnificence. On that note, at 2.05 am in the UK, I am going to bed!

1 Like

Must find something relating to Max Headroom next…….

Later….

Fantastic album… French Jazz singer Marion Rampal turning to the cabaret repertoire from Berlin during the wild 20’s and after… Accompaniment is beautifully provided by the Manfred String Quartet and Raphaël Imbert on saxos and bass clarinet. In addition to the songs the program includes instrumental pieces from the same time, from Schulhoff to Hindemith and Alban Berg… Well-programmed, beautifully executed and perfectly recorded and mastered… Very recommended!

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-637717499584868911

16 Likes

a well done remaster 2021.
I have seen many remastered rock classics and others this year.
Looks like somebody has found a new business model.
In Jazz this is already a huge trend since some years.

17 Likes

Finally got to this. Rather enjoying it. Have to say she has passed me by until now. Will be exploring her catalogue.

6 Likes