What We Are Listening To [2021-11]

Remastered 2021

20 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

Really like this one as well.

7 Likes

For the young musician, the label Jazzland was the absolute artistic freedom and you quickly realize and enjoy that when you get such a valuable musical tip from the community. For me it is a new journey of discovery and it benefits my still narrow jazz profile, thank you for that.

So Far so Good

Beady Belle

6 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

NRFY has started to come up with decent recommendations. Still playing catch up.

2 Likes

17 Likes

A new Worldstar is born!

11 Likes

This 8-CD set, released three years ago, is a marvelous and unprecedented undertaking. In fact it is a collection of four times two CD—each couple dedicated to the development of the trio sonata in one of four countries (England, France, Germany and Italy). Within the survey of the development of the trio sonata in a given country, the music is ordered mostly in chronological order, and this allows for the discovery of the musical evolution of this ever so popular Baroque genre.

The playing is throughout fine, at times wonderful. As expected from BIS, the sound production is very good. This is a very much recommended resource for appreciating the musical development of Baroque music across Europe.

8 Likes

7 Likes

1 Sphinx 06:59

Wir schaffen hier und in anderen Threads ein wunderwares Archiv. Ich habe gerade eine Empfehlung aus dem Januar 2017 entdeckt. Danke dafür.

Es ist ein Stück Musikgeschichte in der Jazz-Welt und gut für einen Sonntag-Vormittag. What says AE67 many years ago:

There are more treasures waiting there, discover for yourself

1 Like

A forgotten 80s classic.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I saw an excellent review of this new album, and you’ve reminded me to place it in my listening queue. Thanks!

1 Like

Indeed, this is a marvelous set, I heartily agree with your recommendation! The original albums, now compiled in this set, were released over a period of a decade or more (beginning in 2003), but the consistent high quality of the playing and recording is remarkable!

2 Likes

2 Likes