What We Are Listening To [2021-11]

I haven’t listened to any of her Telemann albums, either. But she has also a very nicely played and recorded Biber album which I like very well:

10 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

24 Likes

I don’t expect many people will have this album, luckily I have a decent vinyl rip… My Old Man is one of the saddest songs ever especially this performance which I was lucky enough to hear performed twice…

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-637713909379775132

13 Likes

This is a recent release I had overlooked… and it is… just let’s say it is different from anything I have heard in this style.

Collectif9 is a string nonet from Montréal, and this is only their second release. They interpret Mahler, only Mahler… Irreverent? Maybe… Gorgeous? Oh yes!! Surprisingly gorgeous and entertaining. How do they make all these sounds on only string instruments??

Have a listen… chances are you may like it!

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-637714064484032470

6 Likes

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-637713935076179488

15 Likes

Good to revisit this set which we were at.

5 Likes

In my random journey thru Bandcamp I stumbled upon this group. Interesting Goth-Folk style. Tidal has a couple of older albums but not this yet. Worth a listen if you’ve got the time.

Is this a bitter end?

In the mid-90s, a new indie band emerged with a refreshing difference in music. Quickly the labels changed, because every professional in the industry recognized the potential and made better and better offers and U2 or David Bowie wanted to take Placebo on concert tour.

Today it is enough to make a small recommendation and the large fan community remembers again the melancholy and playfulness at the same time, which radiated the exciting works. The latter also existed in the band itself, but now a new single is in circulation, will we enjoy it unadorned?

What kind of works are remembered?

Every you Every me means running up a hill. The bitter end is coming, because without you I am nothing also applies to any band that can no longer work well together. This picture shows the pure morning that brings beautiful james again on September 17, 2021 with a new single

2 Likes

6 Likes

Alternative Indie Rock?
Club Dance??
:wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder…and what a wide spectrum in electronic, not all ambient and so many genres and great bands / artists were made great…

It will be your time ruin, if you start doing this, your time for other artists will suffer

Yeah, I care little for genres but that’s stretching it…

Opportunity costs of listening choices is not a first world problem I care to worry about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

due to some recommendations I came back to the label Brain and discovered during the review how well just this label could serve my musical taste already in the 70s. Many favorite albums rediscovered.

https://play.qobuz.com/label/9396

13 Likes